BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Really wouldn't bother. As Fox says it doesn't offer much in the way of added functionality. I think you'd have money better spent elsewhere.

E.g. if you've got HK, you could get a better amplifier and have phase correction and time alignment done.
Tell me more about this Amplifier and what phase correction is please.
I don't see how anything it does is worth that - it was the first fully digital version BMW ever offered and consequently it doesn't really do much the standard partially digital one doesn't do. It was quite late to the 4 Series range, but it's the display that was originally offered on the F10 5 Series from 2012.
But.. It.. looks cool! heh

Soldato
Tell me more about this Amplifier and what phase correction is please.

So basically, various companies do car amplifiers.

One such company is Bimmertech. They don't make theirs, however. They buy and rebrand Audiotec Fischer products: https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/

Their amplifiers, some of which are designed to be drop-in replacements for the HK version, have digital signal processing and pretty comprehensive software, giving you control over phase, time alignment and EQ.

I did this in my 135i, which has the HiFi upgrade (HK equivalent for that model year) and it transformed the sound.

Audiotech Fischer even have some pre calibrated files, so all you'd need to do is set speaker distance from your seating position and the speakers will be EQ'd.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bro is taking his car into BMW tomorrow for a recall job under warranty. F39 / F4x / B37 / B47 - replacing left charge air line. Is that just a hose of some description to the intercooler? He has a 2023 218i M Sport Gran Coupe.

I called asking if there was anything similar for the M235i but was told there was no recall for those.

Soldato
I do plan on getting the Full Digital dash installed soon though, It's about a grand for one that works with the HUD (HUD IS A MUST BTW)

I don't see how anything it does is worth that

Really wouldn't bother.

I enjoy the fact the previous owner of mine did have it fitted, it's nice to have but not a chance i'd be spending £1000 of my own money for it.

My biggest frustration is that it doesn't let you display the nav prompts on the HUD and the digital dash at the same time, so if you like them on the HUD (which I prefer) then the centre of the digital dash is essentially empty all the time and looks a bit awkward.

The novelty of 'oooh the dials are big and red' when you select sport soon wears off.

Associate
The digital dials do like nice but paying for one is another thing. I recently test drove a X5 with the old man and it had it done I believe as an update but annoyingly was programmed to show 50d on start up when was actually test driving a 30d. Attention to detail was missing on that update.

Associate
Start looking at x3 m40i/m40d around £30k, pretty rubbish that the non digital dials mean you can only get carplay with part of the screen and only if its been optioned

Looking at late 2019 models gets carplay and android auto but starts getting into x5 money, but they are ~£1300 more per year to warranty and insure for me, not sure its worth it.

Last edited:
Associate
I recently got back in a BMW, the last being an E85 Z4 back in 2014. I got rid of the Z4 to get a bigger convertible but I wasn't a fan of the 4 series hardtop roof, so I went over to Audi. I had 3 S5 convertibes (B8, B8.5 and B9) and really liked them all. However I became increasingly concerned regarding issues with the B9 S5, namely premature wear on the convertible roof and rocker arm failures. I then happened to see a G82 M4 in the flesh and realised the grills that I hated in the pictures actually worked for me. The search and saving then started for an M4 convertible.

Here is the result! Please ignore the funny angles on the bottom two pictures, they were taken by the guy that detailed it and I haven't had the chance to get any decent shots yet.

embed

embed

embed

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone got the MPerformance LSD?
Tempted to get one fitted to the 440i. Some good reviews on YouTube. But I wonder if it's night and day difference.
Finished paying the bumper payments for the MPPSK, so could happily restart those at the same monthly outlay for the next ten months on an LSD. It's due the brake fluid change next month anyway, so might be able to convince them to throw that in for free with the LSD install.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Tempted to get one fitted to the 440i. Some good reviews on YouTube. But I wonder if it's night and day difference.
Finished paying the bumper payments for the MPPSK, so could happily restart those at the same monthly outlay for the next ten months on an LSD. It's due the brake fluid change next month anyway, so might be able to convince them to throw that in for free with the LSD install.
Depends on the cost probably. 5 grand no. 1-1.5 I would be tempted. Depends how you drive it as well

Man of Honour

how much will that affect insurance premium though? would it not go through the roof with a drivetrain mod?

Man of Honour
I assume zero effect on premium as most people wouldn't bother to declare a factory fit option that isn't visible, and wouldn't be known it was there unless told
true true
i guess unless there's a major accident insurers would probably be none the wiser too

Man of Honour
I assume zero effect on premium as most people wouldn't bother to declare a factory fit option that isn't visible, and wouldn't be known it was there unless told

I am not sure but was a factory fit option on that car, it was to my knowledge only available as an upgrade from the dealers.

Back
Top Bottom