Road Cycling

Soldato
@bastic yeh felt great all ride this evening. But of course it chucked it down just before we headed off. Bloody country!
Hahaha I thought *good luck with that* when I read your comment before I left work, just didn't get time to reply! ;)

ZRL Finals race last night. Utterly brutal with tired/sore legs from the weekend still, actually came close to calling it but team where short - only getting our 6th rider 35 mins before go time (was already committed at that point)!

Did some good efforts as got gapped midway through, to then finish strongly. But after 2-3 sprints/surges/ramps the last couple of KM to decide the finish (great result - I broke away from the chase group, solo'd across to a 3up in front, then beat them all in the end sprint!). So although my legs felt pretty good at the time definately not happy about it afterwards. Around 30 mins after finishing (getting out the shower) felt like I was going to cramp up... Did some stretching and although felt ok/good my hamstrings halfway down my quads literally painful when I touched them (with almost no pressure). Massively tight! Although actually felt ok today commuting, still very very tender (sat at a desk all day doesn't help)... :o

Anyone with some good quad exercises with a focus on recovery/hamstrings? I've done basic stretching, will do some roller work on them later. Massive DOMS from the weekend not recovered well, then over stretched from sprinting on Zwift?

Soldato
Hahaha I thought *good luck with that* when I read your comment before I left work, just didn't get time to reply! ;)

ZRL Finals race last night. Utterly brutal with tired/sore legs from the weekend still, actually came close to calling it but team where short - only getting our 6th rider 35 mins before go time (was already committed at that point)!

Did some good efforts as got gapped midway through, to then finish strongly. But after 2-3 sprints/surges/ramps the last couple of KM to decide the finish (great result - I broke away from the chase group, solo'd across to a 3up in front, then beat them all in the end sprint!). So although my legs felt pretty good at the time definately not happy about it afterwards. Around 30 mins after finishing (getting out the shower) felt like I was going to cramp up... Did some stretching and although felt ok/good my hamstrings halfway down my quads literally painful when I touched them (with almost no pressure). Massively tight! Although actually felt ok today commuting, still very very tender (sat at a desk all day doesn't help)... :o

Anyone with some good quad exercises with a focus on recovery/hamstrings? I've done basic stretching, will do some roller work on them later. Massive DOMS from the weekend not recovered well, then over stretched from sprinting on Zwift?
couch stretch for quads, pidgeon, cross legs when onthe back.
thats the most commons i do.
when doing couch stretch, make sure you tuck your pelvis in - towards the couch/wall, do not push forward

Soldato
How's that Siroko gear going @Martynt74

Yeah decent. I really like the Jersey, but have had that a while. It's this one

I keep wearing different bib shorts to keep my expensive ones for longer rides, probably a bit daft really, so only actually used them once!

Soldato
I'm really tempted to get some of their bibs and try them out, the price seems really good. I've got my eyes on some Chaise Cycliste bits. No idea of the quality but I love their loud and colourful designs.

I could channel my inner Mr Motivator :p :cry:.Just a bit hard to gamble at that price point when I know I could get some Assos ones on sale for less and be very, very happy with them

Last edited:
Associate
I'm really tempted to get some of their bibs and try them out, the price seems really good. I've got my eyes on some Chaise Cycliste bits. No idea of the quality but I love their loud and colourful designs.

I could channel my inner Mr Motivator :p :cry:.Just a bit hard to gamble at that price point when I know I could get some Assos ones on sale for less and be very, very happy with them
Won't need any lights with those on.

Soldato
Recent annoying trend continues, every spring ish day since Easter Saturday when I ought to head out on the bike, I feel extra rubbish with headache and other pains so it doesn't happen. Meh.

Soldato

Definitely need a new bike and some training to have the confidence to pull those off!

Soldato

got only one pair from assos and are my current fav at the moment

Soldato
got only one pair from assos and are my current fav at the moment
Yep, all of my Assos gear is top notch. The bibs are super comfortable, my winter coat is really nice - though I didn't use it last winter and it has my favourite jersey. Shame about the price but you can get last seasons stuff on sale and is always worth it.

Soldato
Yep, all of my Assos gear is top notch. The bibs are super comfortable, my winter coat is really nice - though I didn't use it last winter and it has my favourite jersey. Shame about the price but you can get last seasons stuff on sale and is always worth it.
and dont forget that you have to be slim to look okay in their gear LOL

for now, bibs only for me haha

Soldato
and dont forget that you have to be slim to look okay in their gear LOL

for now, bibs only for me haha

Funny you say that. I wore my assos bibs on the trainer last night and as I looked down I felt a bit fatter than usual. The way they're cut quite low can make it look like you've got a bit of a pot belly going on :cry:

Soldato
Me again.

Anyone know of any good bar tapes that are black with a bit of a glossy shine to them that arent tacky (I'm too much of a scratter for tacky) or leather (it's a couple of decades til.i draw my pension yet)

Soldato
Whoop. First metric century done. Snuck in just under 4 hours. Around 800m ascent so not too bad.

Was doing great until around the last 30 minutes. Then I just developed pain in my knee and toes! Along with a sore bum.

Have a bike fit booked for tomorrow so curious how that goes as my stem is fixed but from various adjustments I’ve made recently I’ve solved some problems but developer numbness in the hands.

Hoping the guy can adjust to make longer rides better. The one upside is he does a follow up for free after a month.

Back
Top Bottom