• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
But but but it's a gimmick! :cry:

It's things like this which will hopefully lead to even more immersive games.

To be fair, this was what I was waiting for - RT making an actual difference to gameplay and not just visuals. To be equally fair, this is Ubi so I doubt any of it will be implemented fully. But it might be the start of a push beyond the current graphics arms race.

Caporegime
To be fair, this was what I was waiting for - RT making an actual difference to gameplay and not just visuals. To be equally fair, this is Ubi so I doubt any of it will be implemented fully. But it might be the start of a push beyond the current graphics arms race.

Yup I've been saying this for a while, what we are seeing with RT/PT is only just the tip of the iceberg still. Very few games are showing the full benefits and even such games are also arguably just the tip of the iceberg e.g. more destructible environments thanks to GI, light sources being shot out and impacting the environment and so on. Future of gaming really is quite exciting with what will be possible and no doubt, lots of things, which are yet to be implemented/discovered.

I'm not sure about splinter cell but aren't ubi supposed to be moving all their games to use the snowdrop engine now? Either way, this game could be RT only given that is quite a significant gameplay mechanic for a game such as SC.

Caporegime
But but but it's a gimmick! :cry:
RT off = Not being able to detect you as easily...

image.png

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Never played the remastered and didn't realise it uses software/hardware RT.

Got it on steam now so will fire up some 5160x2160 goodness later.

Last edited:
Soldato
I played the earlier version of ARK a decent amount - it's basically like open world Dino-Riders with base building. A lot of fun,but it always hammered hardware,been quite pretty but always not the best optimised. It's a fun game,but can be very grindy - the soundtrack is really good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom