School locked down after reports of stabbing

Soldato
Dyfed-Powys Police is dealing with an incident at Amman Valley School.
Three people have been injured and are receiving treatment.
One person has been arrested and we are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident.
Emergency services remain at scene and the school has been closed while investigations continue.
We are working closely with the school and Carmarthenshire County Council.
We are aware that there is footage of the incident currently circulating on social media. We would ask that this is removed to avoid contempt of court and distress to those affected.
We would ask the people do not speculate while there is a police investigation ongoing.

Man of Honour
Teachers can be bullies.

100%.
On my schools Facebook page I have made it common knowledge with others that certain teachers were absolute thugs.
One of the teachers who is still alive has a daughter who comes on talking about him and I have made it clear that I would go to court and give evidence against him.
Even now as a 66 year old man whenever I drive past his bungalow I get shivers.
I would love to confront him and ask why he did what he did but I'd probably poo my pants and cry like he did to me several times.

Soldato
100%.
On my schools Facebook page I have made it common knowledge with others that certain teachers were absolute thugs.
One of the teachers who is still alive has a daughter who comes on talking about him and I have made it clear that I would go to court and give evidence against him.
Even now as a 66 year old man whenever I drive past his bungalow I get shivers.
I would love to confront him and ask why he did what he did but I'd probably poo my pants and cry like he did to me several times.

My maths teacher had the nickname thug. He was renowned for application of the cane outside and inside class.

On the other hand he coached me to a grade 2 mathematics O level and a lifelong liking for maths.

Caporegime
Need to ban knives to be honest, we have a knife issue akin to America's gun issue
No we don't

244 knife murders last year, that's 1 murder per 275,000 people (Assuming 67 million population)

15,149 gun homicides in the US in 2023, that's 1 murder per 21,986 people (assuming 333 million population)

Last edited:
My company makes a product for *mostly* US schools called "Lockdown". This allows with a single action, a process to lock down all doors on site to prevent users accessing rooms or areas in the event of a school shooting etc. Basically if we get a situation like Columbine, it will stop shooters being able to access populated parts of the school and keeps them stuck in an area. It's most popular in the US but is becoming more so in this country, which worries me. it could help with stabbings or any violent attacks.

Back
Top Bottom