Getting my mojo back...

Permabanned
OP
Thanks, it appears my post was a bit vague.

So what can they do if you do not comply, dies it become a legal matter? Or it is simply getriatric-busybodys flexing muscles they don't have?

I guess what i'm saying is, can you get all Rage against the machine, and say:

"**** you i won't do what you tell me"

and what would happen if you do? Eviction?

My landlord (as part of the terms of buying this place), signed the terms of residence which all residents must abide to. These are liable to be changed at any time with little to no notice and are agreed upon by a resident's commitee formed 'with the best interests of the area at heart' (read 'so we can make people stop doing things we don't like).

As I'm a tenant, breach of terms would result in eviction. Were I a resident, it would result in fines which would go into the RC's coffers for 'benefit of the area' (used to pay for people to do the communal gardens et cetera).

But less of the negativity. This thread is about the good stuff.

Like Mikuni's wagon:

clicky

P1030576.jpg

P1030676.jpg

It had crap wheels on when he bought it so slapped some seventeens on:
VauxGreen.jpg

Notice the green ticket - deemed unroadworthy by the New Zealand police (who are car fascists by all accounts) for being too low. It means he had to get another Warrant Of Fitness (MOT).

So he took the opportunity to fit toys:
DSCF1135.jpg

DSCF1125.jpg

DSCF1145.jpg

*n

Permabanned
OP
Banded UK-spec steels:

100_9937.jpg

dish2.jpg

P1210059.jpg

DSCN0068.jpg

Oh yeah...It has a 2.0 16v Ecotec too...Running throttle bodies from a 20v 4A-GE.

Nom nom nom nom...

*n

Permabanned
OP
There are a fair few on RR...Check the Imp Club too.

Chris (owns a Turbo'd Imp) is currently building one with HUGE box arches that looks like it will need 12j rims :D

*n

Man of Honour
My mate lives on a new build estate where you are not allowed to park any of the following on your drive:

Caravans
Trailers
Untaxed cars
Signwritten vans (!)

I think there are a couple more that I've forgotten

Sod that, I wouldn't feel complete without at least one dead car on the drive :D

Soldato
My mate lives on a new build estate where you are not allowed to park any of the following on your drive:

Caravans
Trailers
Untaxed cars
Signwritten vans (!)

I think there are a couple more that I've forgotten

Sod that, I wouldn't feel complete without at least one dead car on the drive :D

its getting quite common it seems on the new build places. :(

i have dreams of having a house and a mk3 XR3i with a 2.9v6 cosworth motor. :) by the time i get a house, you wont be allowed to fart, let alone leave an untaxed vehicle anywhere.

Soldato
It's actually a very nice engine, having owned 2, and extremely nice to drive. Yea, so getting more than 300BHP out of one gets expensive but hell, how much can you feasibly use in certain shells and setups.

It's light, cheap, easy to rebuild, makes over 200BHP/250ft.lb on a budget with ease, economical with the right setup and handles it's nitrous well. What more could you ask for from a lump you can pick up for a few hundred quid, if that :)

I.e. a blokey I know has a 30 year old 3.5, pretty much bone standard (apart from lowered CR, decent ignition system and a 4 barrel), runs 12s with a 150 shot of gas in his MG with no issues.

A sound motor :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
WOW, penski what is wrong with you?

You have been posting decent cars lately ;)

The first two kadett coupes made me sex wee.

Permabanned
OP
It's actually a very nice engine, having owned 2, and extremely nice to drive. Yea, so getting more than 300BHP out of one gets expensive but hell, how much can you feasibly use in certain shells and setups.

It's light, cheap, easy to rebuild, makes over 200BHP/250ft.lb on a budget with ease, economical with the right setup and handles it's nitrous well. What more could you ask for from a lump you can pick up for a few hundred quid, if that :)

I.e. a blokey I know has a 30 year old 3.5, pretty much bone standard (apart from lowered CR, decent ignition system and a 4 barrel), runs 12s with a 150 shot of gas in his MG with no issues.

A sound motor :)

Didn't realised they like the gas so much ;)

I have to admit that I've only driven one...And it was a bit of a Dog...May as well have been a Pinto :/

*n

Back
Top Bottom