Dirt 3 now on Steam

Soldato
Will have to try this config.

I found that around the third triangle things start to get really good. Harder tracks that I actually had to have a few goes to beat, and the rs200 is still great fun. Ditches and snow banks: bane of my life! Trailblazer is surprisingly difficult now, you think you've had this amazing run and then you come 5th and have to improve on it.

Soldato
I am getting no where on the Parking Lot Zone 1 I can not do the 180 Spin While Jumping! Any tips?

Yep, took me ages, but you have to land it on the other ramp. Drive up the big dirt ramp and then handbrake it round, the only hard part is getting it to land going backwards on the other side instead of flying off course.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Maybe I'm an idiot but I'm done everything in the first season (triangle 1) of the dirt tour but triangle 2 has not unlocked. :confused: How do you get to season 2? :p

Soldato
If you're getting the occasional stuttering in the racing it's becuase of the replay data being wrote to the system drive, try the below fix it clears up the stuttering for me.

3# Frame Skips, Low FPS, Lag
PC version of the game may be experiencing all this due to a massive replay file, too much data writing occurs on that file causing the lag and frame skips, when you go back to the game after having watched a replay.
You can find the file here.

1. Delete original replay folder (and file) by exploring to

ProgramData\Codemasters\DiRT3\DataCache\yourcomputersname\

2. Open Command Prompt with admin privileges (search ‘cmd’ and right click on cmd.exe and select ‘Run as Administrator’)

3. Use mklink to create the symbolic link. Edit it according to your own game directory location.

mklink /D C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\DiRT3\DataCache\yo urcomputersname\ E:\Dirt3\replay

4. When launching the game, the 2GB replay.pbf file will be written to the file location you have specified. If you write this file to another hard drive, resources are freed up for your OS and game performance will increase.

Man of Honour
OP
If you're getting the occasional stuttering in the racing it's becuase of the replay data being wrote to the system drive, try the below fix it clears up the stuttering for me.

3# Frame Skips, Low FPS, Lag
PC version of the game may be experiencing all this due to a massive replay file, too much data writing occurs on that file causing the lag and frame skips, when you go back to the game after having watched a replay.
You can find the file here.

1. Delete original replay folder (and file) by exploring to

ProgramData\Codemasters\DiRT3\DataCache\yourcomputersname\

2. Open Command Prompt with admin privileges (search ‘cmd’ and right click on cmd.exe and select ‘Run as Administrator’)

3. Use mklink to create the symbolic link. Edit it according to your own game directory location.

mklink /D C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\DiRT3\DataCache\yo urcomputersname\ E:\Dirt3\replay

4. When launching the game, the 2GB replay.pbf file will be written to the file location you have specified. If you write this file to another hard drive, resources are freed up for your OS and game performance will increase.

Yup - an old fix that sorted the stuttering for me in both Dirt 2 and F1 2010.

Maybe I'm an idiot but I'm done everything in the first season (triangle 1) of the dirt tour but triangle 2 has not unlocked. :confused: How do you get to season 2? :p

I had to get all gold triangles to proceed.

Soldato
i cant seem to get AB to record video
it records but the screen is black with no sound
it show the recording icon when i press the button
any ides ?

Associate
Struggling with some of the Gymkana events, I'm only level 11 or something but I'm stuck with only Gymkana evens left to complete, can't get ay better than 5th place.

This is using no assists and highest AI difficulty, maybe ... I'll have to turn down the level for this event :(

Played Dirt 2 last night online, love the staggared starts for the Rally stages, so I'll have to try the Dirt 3 online play!

Back
Top Bottom