Dirt 3 now on Steam

Associate
I bought this today and to be honest dont think much to it at the moment, only put an hour into yet though so will give it much time. Is DX11 enabled automatically? I have a GTX460 so fully capable.

Man of Honour
OP
I bought this today and to be honest dont think much to it at the moment, only put an hour into yet though so will give it much time. Is DX11 enabled automatically? I have a GTX460 so fully capable.

Just turn all the graphics options to maximum. Should be enabled automatically.

Also make sure you turn all the driver aids off, the cars handle much more realistically.

Associate
Just turn all the graphics options to maximum. Should be enabled automatically.

Also make sure you turn all the driver aids off, the cars handle much more realistically.

Yeah im running everythign on ultra and 8xAA and looks ok, ran the benchmark and get min 36fps which isnt bad :)

Yeah all assists are off, but i dont like how you switch from car to car constantly, ive not played any of the others in the Dirt series so not sure if this is how the games are.

Associate
Arghhh....Ive managed somehow to get this game running in a window in windows and cant get it back to ful screen. Setting at full rez plays in window. Any ideas how?

Soldato
As above. Although alt@enter does not work for me, Windows key and Enter does though.

Enjoying the game, some sections are a bit poor but overall it's not that bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
Big thanks to all those whole uploaded high res youtube videos, much appreciated, you know who you are. :)

The game looks great, I can't believe some people are claiming DiRT 2 looks better. I can see from the Youtube vids that this isn't the case. DiRT 2 was over-processed and nasty, I'm so glad CM listened to user feedback and finally sorted that wee-filter issue we've had since DiRT/GRID back in 2007. DiRT 3 looks more gritty and real, which is what rallying is about, and since this is about the closest I think we'll ever get to a mainstream rally sim, it should be enjoyed. For those who are enjoying this and enjoyed DiRT, they seem to be harking back to the best games like CMR 04 and CMR 2.0, which were both great.

As soon as I'm done at uni, I'm going to buy this and spend some quality time getting to really know my new G27. Hopefully there might be signs of some sort of patch by then, I know that I use a non-standard documents location on my machine, which might cause problems.

Soldato
If anyone is interested in some better quality graphics in Dirt 3 try my hardware_settings_config

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<hardware_settings_config version="53" deviceId="0x689C">
<cpu>
<threadStrategy parallelUpdateRender="true" workerMapFile="system/workerMap8Core.xml" forceFeedbackProcessor="6" dvdStorageProcessor="7" dataSetMonitorProcessor="4" renderProcessor="0" updateProcessor="2" fileStreamProcessor="5" />
</cpu>
<audio_card>
<audio mixing="rapture3D" />
</audio_card>
<graphics_card>
<directx forcedx9="false" />
<resolution width="2560" height="1440" aspect="16:9" fullscreen="true" vsync="1" multisampling="8xmsaa">
<refreshRate rate="60" />
</resolution>
<gamma level="1.0" />
</graphics_card>
<graphics_detail level="ultra" />
<textures lod="40" minlod="1" />
<headlights enabled="true" headlightQuality="2" />
<shadows enabled="true" size="1536" maskQuality="2" />
<particles enabled="true" wind="true" dynamicRes="true" />
<crowd enabled="true" detail="3" tessellation="true" />
<cloth enabled="true" detail="3" />
<postprocess quality="3" />
<groundcover mode="blended" clutter="true" />
<objects lod="1.5" maxlod="1.5" />
<trees lod="1.5" maxlod="1.5" />
<vehicles characterQuality="4" lodQuality="3" />
<envmap faces="6" size="1536" forceBilinear="true" />
<water update="true" detail="2" />
<mirrors enabled="true" forceBilinear="true" width="2048" height="512" car_maxlod="0" car_culldist="4000.0" />
<skidmarks enabled="true" />
<dynamic_ambient_occ enabled="true" quality="10" />
<night_lighting volumes="true" lights="50" shadows="true" />
<physics environmentalDamage="true" vehicleDamage="true" />
<input device_type="auto" />
<motion enabled="false" ip="dbox" port="20777" delay="0" extradata="1" />
</hardware_settings_config>

You will have to set your res obviously (unless your using 2560x1440).

The graphics look way better now! (and plays silky smooth on my setup) :cool::D:cool:

Here's some screen shots:

dirt3_game2011-05-2702-36-38-63.jpg

dirt3_game2011-05-2702-45-13-21.jpg

dirt3_game2011-05-2702-47-44-29.jpg

dirt3_game2011-05-2702-36-43-66.jpg

dirt3_game2011-05-2702-50-00-10.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom