• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official GTX 670 thread***

OcUK Staff
Even though they think its not an impressive overclocker, i think its done very well. Im not gonna be unhappy if i can clock it at 680 speeds.

They either don't know what they are doing or got a dud. The worse 670 I tested managed 1200MHz core and 6500MHz memory and that was a Palit reference card. The WindForce 3X card I test got far higher. :)

Permabanned
So I'll be happy with just a referrence. But if if doesnt overclock to at least 1200 / 6500, I can send it back because Gibbo told me porkies :p

OcUK Staff
:cool: Just make sure the price is right!

GPU-Z validation or it didn't happen. :p

The price will be fair, a reference 670 should be 100 less than a 680 and OC models £20-£40 more and at such prices they shall fly off the shelves as these things easily give 680 performance with a mild OC. :)

Permabanned
The price will be fair, a reference 670 should be 100 less than a 680 and OC models £20-£40 more and at such prices they shall fly off the shelves as these things easily give 680 performance with a mild OC. :)

£339 for reference then, and £379 for the Gigabyte windforce?

reference for me then I suppose :(

Caporegime
OP

Okay that's good to know! :) Is there a time deadline to the NDA or can you launch them when ever on Thursday? Would be good to know when to check the shop. Not like I'd be sitting here pressing F5 all morning. :o

Soldato
Great idea! Help me find one if I go for that model.

But I'll take an EVGA full length PCB one instead if theres one with an 8 + 6 pin connector, or a similar MSI twinfrozr, but I dont think there will be.

Will be just using the standard EK680 backplate.

Less than 48 hours to go people! I've even taken next week off work to enjoy it :o

Associate
i've ordered a kfa2 ex oc (twin fans) ..and that arrives in stock on the 11th according to oc uk, the 670 comes in a day before i think, now if the 670 is similar in performance to a 680 should i just change my order to a 670 and save £100?

no brainer right?

i could buy another ssd with that saving, or save the money and put it toward another 670

Soldato
At ~£370 for the windforce I may just pick up the one this week, one next week for my birthday :D

~£339 for reference is still good value IMO, as Gibbo said, a mild OC and you have a 680 for £100 less...

Temps look nice and low on the Windforce, hope to see them sub 40c load temps under water :D

OcUK Staff
Okay that's good to know! :) Is there a time deadline to the NDA or can you launch them when ever on Thursday? Would be good to know when to check the shop. Not like I'd be sitting here pressing F5 all morning. :o

2pm, plenty of stock to go round too. :)

Back
Top Bottom