• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official GTX 670 thread***

Caporegime
OP
:/ those prices are higher than i'd like. Guess we'll see on thursday.

As I said in the OP based on what Gibbo had said in the other thread and prices I've seen around Europe.

Prices

Obviously no confirmed prices yet. But as Gibbo has said they'll be over £300. I've seen a few Euro prices & UK ones, so I expect some retailer at launch to have the Gigabyte Windforce 3X OC at £370 top price. Between £340 to £370 at launch for OC'd cards. Reference cards I think will be £310 at minimum, Palit, POV cards etc. I'd be shocked if there was any under £300 at launch, but it would be crushing for ATI and a superb move from Nvidia. As usual expect prices to flatten after a couple of weeks, and maybe we'll see something under £300 then.

Nothing to be disappointed at given that price point in the market needs to be filled and for something that performs as well as a GTX 680 but at £100 less it's nothing really to complain about. Just wait a few weeks and see what AMD do with prices etc if you're that fussed.

Soldato
2pm, plenty of stock to go round too. :)

Let the countdown begin!

I will be making a phone call at roughly 2.02pm after I've managed to see what cards/prices are up on my phone. I have a demo for a client tomorrow too, I'm going to be mildly annoyed to say the least if it spills over past 2pm.

Associate
Gibbo - not sure if you can answer this but ... will there be aftermarket coolers with the small pcb? ... which manufactures might those be?

Associate
The price will be fair, a reference 670 should be 100 less than a 680 and OC models £20-£40 more and at such prices they shall fly off the shelves as these things easily give 680 performance with a mild OC. :)

:/ those prices are higher than i'd like. Guess we'll see on thursday.

Yeah, when I read a few days back that the 670 price would be "above £300 but not by much" that said to me £320 or maybe even less.

If the cheapest 670 is £340/£350 then I'll give it a miss.

Back
Top Bottom