• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official Unigine Valley Leaderboard**

Soldato
You don't like the power of them, so want to put them into a seperate category? I didn't like the power of the 7970 over the 680's but didn't put them into a sperate category because I didn't like it.

It is playing by the rules and is a single core GPU. Cost shouldn't come into it. Buy one or deal with it ;)

Noo Thats not the case at all Greg...

I don't like the PRICE.

Its a GPU that's close to 3x the cost of a 7970. Thus should not be compared with the cards that cost 2-3x less (680/7970)

im all for the power, and if i had the room in my case and the mental moment of spending money on something i don't need then i would get one haha

Caporegime
Noo Thats not the case at all Greg...

I don't like the PRICE.

Its a GPU that's close to 3x the cost of a 7970. Thus should not be compared with the cards that cost 2-3x less (680/7970)

im all for the power, and if i had the room in my case and the mental moment of spending money on something i don't need then i would get one haha

So someone buys a 7850 and bench's, should he get his own section because it is far cheaper than a 7970? What about older gen GPU's like the 460 or 6850? You are trying to make hard work for the OP and it would look a complete mess.

What if the Titan dropped in price to £450...Would it be allowed then? You don't want the Titan in the bench threads because you don't like the price :o

Your argument bores me and reaks of jealousy. You are still whinging about the price in a bench thread?

Soldato
So someone buys a 7850 and bench's, should he get his own section because it is far cheaper than a 7970? What about older gen GPU's like the 460 or 6850? You are trying to make hard work for the OP and it would look a complete mess.

What if the Titan dropped in price to £450...Would it be allowed then? You don't want the Titan in the bench threads because you don't like the price :o

Your argument bores me and reaks of jealousy. You are still whinging about the price in a bench thread?

Tbh its a stupid price, More money than sense :rolleyes: tbh

Associate
With beta 6 drivers and a huge improvement.
Getting higher oc on the memory now.

1100MHz core / 1650 MHz mem

valley2013022218444168c.png

Soldato
Don't give me some BS that a Bloomfield is clock for clock better than a Sandybridge.

I grant this is mostly a GPU bench, but the CPU pushing the GPU plays a big part, and going by your logic that this is a GPU bench people with higher GPUS clocks have lower scores, doesn't add up.

I think you misunderstood what he said, he was pointing out that once you reach a certain level of CPU performance in heaven then any extra performance will make no difference, and as you two are both beyond that the differences between your CPU's are meaningless.

Caporegime
Yes it may be over-priced, but we are not to decide how someone spends their disposable income on products. End of the day greg earned it, so he should spend it on what he wants and makes him happy.

Well said.

At the end of the day it is single card and those are the rules. :)

+1

I wouldn't care if Titans wasn't allowed but at least put up a valid argument Di-agro. I see you are still going to continue this childish crying about price being the reason, so this discussion is finished and I look forward to entering in the near future :)

Great score btw locky. I think you are safe on the triple card from me but Andybird has bought 3 of them :eek:

Edit:

I forgot to add that I feel the 7870 should be in its own class, as it is "The special one" and for this, it deserves all the accolades that can be given ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
^^ That is what it is all about. Your money, your choice. If someone wanted to stick £1680 on a horse with 3 legs, that would be their choice...

Glad to see they sorted zerocore out :)

Sorry Humbug for OT :(

Caporegime
I think you misunderstood what he said, he was pointing out that once you reach a certain level of CPU performance in heaven then any extra performance will make no difference, and as you two are both beyond that the differences between your CPU's are meaningless.

I think you're beyond knowing what you're talking about uber. I only managed to overtake Locky's score because i overclocked my cpu from 4.5ghz to 5.0ghz so to say that cpu makes no difference past 4.2ghz on an old processor is rubbish.

Soldato
+1

I wouldn't care if Titans wasn't allowed but at least put up a valid argument Di-agro. I see you are still going to continue this childish crying about price being the reason)

There is no - in Diagro.. Putting one there was childish in itself.

Im not "crying" about the price, I feel its simply a stupid price point for a card that's 30% faster and that cant be overclocked without a volt mod.

Its your money and you can spend it how you wish, if i was as lax with money i would have done the same.

Caporegime
Geeeez Matt, you are cleaning up in these bench threads. I will give you a heads up...I used to be like that and now look at me ;)

Put the overtime in buddy and plenty of it :p

Great score :)

Associate
Memory clocks make very little difference past 1800mhz. I know as ive tested this thoroughly myself. I'm talking a few points gain at most from 1823/1875. Sorry, not buying it. Up to the OP if he adds your score or not, but we know its not a legitimate score.
It's interesting how name calling works only when someone beats your result, but when 7970@1500/1825 CPU 3770@ 6.1ghz gets less points that you do, you don't seem to care.

The CPU does play a large role mate.

I can loose 80 points by going from 4.6Ghz to 4Ghz....
My CPU at 3.8Ghz is much faster than yours at 4.2Ghz....

So you have to understand that the CPU does play a large role in this benchmark.
So what is the exact issue here? Me getting the top spot or my CPU being too old and too weak to get me there?

I saw that score on Overclock.net and thought BS and then saw it here too. Seems they are more lax on there with letting dodgy submissions pass. Shame really as it's a huge site. No way are those scores legit.

Well I just exchanged some PMs with the OP of the thread there and his conclusion was that my result is real, but you guys here just can't open your eyes and realize that.

Have you even thought about the fact that if I wanted to cheat I would have done it subtlety and beat the top score with just a few more points and not 45?

Soldato
I think you're beyond knowing what you're talking about uber. I only managed to overtake Locky's score because i overclocked my cpu from 4.5ghz to 5.0ghz so to say that cpu makes no difference past 4.2ghz on an old processor is rubbish.

In that case can you explain why the 3.3GHz, 4GHz and 4.5GHz 2500K's all get the same score in the Heaven benchmark test linked? (genuine question).

Last edited:
Caporegime
@ Cyper

No idea on what is going on but you could record with a video camera your bench + results and show your CCC settings. This would stop the accusations at least. Just a heads up and if you are right, you would make a couple of people look silly :)

Back
Top Bottom