Nexus 5 leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The Z1 is 20.7 MP!!

but it's not that good.. well after the recent update it has really became one of the top camera phones.. but what I'm trying to say is that G2 has 13mpx sensor while n5 is coming with 8 so its a different sensor + google's lack of "care" when it comes to camera quality(looking at previous nexus headsets) will probably mean that its on par with s3.. and that would be more than enough for me tbh

Associate
Android 4.4 KitKat will apparently be very forward thinking! It will be aimed at:

1. wearables---eg, Glass and other emerging devices
2. low end smartphones with limited RAM
3. smart TVs

Android tablets now make up the vast majority of global tablets, with Apple share now below 30% according to IDC this morning. Who would have thought that two years ago? So like smartphones, tablets too are now Android dominated.

http://9to5google.com/2013/10/30/an...icates-boosts-for-low-end-hardware-wearables/

Soldato
Goes to show how much software makes a difference, which is nothing new (to me anyway ;)). Can't just pull out of thin air that SAMOLED canes the battery from a benchmark.

No doubt Anandtech is the fairest with a 200nit playing field, instead of %'s. But they do get things wrong like the charge time of the S4.

Amoled screens are the future, they fix so many issues that lcd panels face, like viewing angels which ips fixes to a degree, contrast levels, black levels, response time, it's thin, allows amazing control so you can light up individual pixels. Samsung also has it at srgb now and the s4 panel is nothing short of amazing.

Also display mate said the curved screen had much better colours, and was much more visible in sunlight which is amazing news.

Soldato
Let me rewrite that now I am sat down :)

Went in carphone wearhouse in Worthing. Asked a chap who said he had seen them come in. He called his boss as nothing on the system date wise.

His boss said an announcement is due at 6pm and should be on sale tomorrow. He did say it maybe contract sale only and not sold outright.

He mentioned he has seen white and black and thought there was a blue one. But I suspect he just got confused by the blue box

Man of Honour
Contract only will be a pain in the botty. I really don't want to buy a Nexus with a contract, kinda detracts from one of it's best features, it's price!

I'm sure it was the same in the beginning with the N4 from phone shops, they didn't want to sell you one without a contract but it was possible to talk them into it or find one that didn't know.

Soldato
Some websites are saying that some bloke with "insider sources" is saying it will be 11am PST at the latest, which is 6pm GMT.
That's probably what this chap at CPW was quoting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom