Nexus 5 leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Last edited:
Associate
OP
Looks like the same LG logo at the bottom as on the nexus 4.. I can't wait though it looks awesome.. The video got removed on YouTube.. It has to be real! Lol

Associate
OP
My nexus 4 is my main computer at the minute I pretty much do everything on it... Nexus 5 being bigger will be great imo... Still deciding whether to get a nexus 7 rev 2 or nexus 10 hmmmm

Associate
OP
The camera really isn't so bad on the nexus if you get a decent app and play with the settings.. Using HDR mode makes pictures come out so much better as well.. He is a few examples...

TPaYJ4h.jpg.png

17EyEMZ.jpg.png

c2gXZH1.jpg.png

lOrC4RW.jpg.png

Zj5pF3l.jpg

jHjy21j.jpg

Associate
OP
There's a reason why the Nexus range so far has been cheap.....its been lacking technology compared to other phones.

- Bad camera
- Screen isnt all that great compared to 1080p phones which are now widely available
- No expandable storage
- Speaker is very poor
- Not the prettiest

You take all that into account and the £289 16Gb Nexus 4 isnt really a bargain. Its actually a pretty high price for what you actually get.

If the Nexus 5 comes out before XMAS and is priced around £300 it still wont be as good as the S4 which is now down to £420 NEW so factor that is and its not really going to be a steal.

Can't tell if serious ? :-/

The quad core SoC which was released on this phone the end of the last year was the forefront of chips at the time and at the price of the phone it was amazing.. Also 2gb ram! The screen is great and looks stunning when calibrated properly... The phone still craps over most phones out there... With the next generation coming in soon by the looks of it it will do the same.

I purchased the nexus 4 as soon as it was released.. Broke it four months later. Got an iPhone 5 sold that.. Got a galaxy s3... Sold that got a HTC one, sold that.. Now I'm back to the nexus.. I haven't liked a device so much as I do this..

Nexus forever!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The PPI of 1080p on anything less than 6" screen sizes is just pointless. What's with the obsession with 1080p? Screen resolution isn't anywhere near as important as having the right screen resolution & GPU combo.

Are you going to get a 1080p screen with a SoC powerful enough to push those pixels in a phone that's at Nexus 4 price points? No

For the hardware and price, the Nexus 4 was nothing but a steal.

Amen.

Associate
OP
Seriously I don't see the problem not having a SD card slot.. I know it's a added bonus. But since owning a nexus 4 since its launch.. I've not needed one.. Never run out of space.. With unlimited data and cloud storage and streaming I personally never had any issue.

Can't wait for the nexus 5!

Associate
OP
so lets say you work in a big city like me - london, where data reception is rubbish for w/e reason and in some parts ill get a steady ish 3-4mb down from my EE/orange/w/e connection yet when I get home or on my way it drops to low 0.4mb or even 0.1mb.. how am I going to stream all that awesome music I need right there right then? can you see where the problem arises ? just because YOU don't need it doesn't mean that others don't so its a problem for some and it isn't for others and IMO covering as much of the market as possible should be the aim but google at the same time wants to push cloud services and I'm 99% sure they will release 8gb and 16gb versions again which to me are genuinely pointless! as 32gb is the LEAST I need for a media device.

Then the nexus isn't for you... Unfortunately.. Plenty of other options out there for what you need.. Hopefully the 5 will have OTG so you can use the USB slot of added extras such as memory and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom