• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Some 290X P0rn for LtMatt

la3z.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img21/4505/la3z.jpg

Just waiting for a couple of bolts from EK and it will be done

Caporegime
Nice Kaaps. Blue is a real man colour.
I used to think that until i went with an rog board. Now gotta colour co ordinate the rest of the system. At present it's a mish mash of colours, like an explosion in a paint shop.:D

But seriously, very nice looking setup Kaap, look forward to seeing the finished article.:)

Soldato
Awesome :cool: I want one myself to be honest. Though I'd be wasting money and would probably lose performance D:

Yea you prob would be loosing few frames in most games lol! The 780Ti is a beast of a card :D can't beat it really! Good solid performance out of the box and clocks really well and can cool it quite easily too. Was almost tempted to buy one but only reason I didn't is because the 290x is cheaper and the hope of mantle being something good :)

But now I have this card I have no regrets truly amazing :D quite amazed how quiet it is too!

Soldato
Yea you prob would be loosing few frames in most games lol! The 780Ti is a beast of a card :D can't beat it really! Good solid performance out of the box and clocks really well and can cool it quite easily too. Was almost tempted to buy one but only reason I didn't is because the 290x is cheaper and the hope of mantle being something good :)

But now I have this card I have no regrets truly amazing :D quite amazed how quiet it is too!

Yeah it can clock to ~1250Mhz so the chance of me getting a 290x that performs better isn't likely.
Yeah the cooler looks beast :D I've always liked Sapphire's coolers.

Man of Honour
OP
Nice Kaaps. Blue is a real man colour.

:eek::eek:WOW! stunning kaaps, can't wait to see what they can do underwater!

Wow Kaapstad, great looking rig. Its my rig's brother :D

Will you watercool the RIVE BE Vrms?

P1010763_zpsc3b29ee5.jpg

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy293/Karlitosss/P1010763_zpsc3b29ee5.jpg~original

Thanks everyone.:)

I probably won't watercool the RIVE BE Vrms, I have a spare RIVE mobo with waterblocks but when I used it with my 3970X it did not make much difference. I think it is worth watercooling though if you have a CPU that can get over 5ghz along with putting a fan at the back of the mobo to cool the other side.

Soldato
Got myself a Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X OC WindForce 4096MB for my new build and have to say it's a very nice card! only issue is that it's soo bloody loud in games! It sounds like a jet engine whilst playing Tombraider, way way loud!, is this the norm and can I adjust the fans on it?

Soldato
Got myself a Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X OC WindForce 4096MB for my new build and have to say it's a very nice card! only issue is that it's soo bloody loud in games! It sounds like a jet engine whilst playing Tombraider, way way loud!, is this normal?

My MSI is quite loud when gaming. I was going to return it and go for a Gigabyte but think I will hold off now.

I'm thinking the only way I will get the noise level I desire is to water cool one.

Soldato
Not happy with this at all. just played for 20 minutes on Tombraider and my card just bombs out, crashes and I get a black screen followed my white noise.

I've set the following profile up

xbeovt.jpg

Anything any higher and the fans are crazy loud, feels like the thing is going to take off!

Soldato
ivy1ph.jpg

I'm running it at stock, not touched any clock settings.

Are the fans meant be so damn loud on these things? If I put the fans to auto (stock) and try game, the card sounds like a jet air craft lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom