• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Catzilla 1.0 Benchmark Scores

Soldato
Is it just me or does this scale horrible (even negatively in some cases) with multiple cards? I disabled one card and I got a much better score than with my dual card setup:

QKXxtqZ.png

Catzilla 720p benchmark
EVGA 780TI Classified KPE 1285/1850
i7 4770k at 4.5 GHz

I will overclock this one card further and see but so far I am pretty disappointed by the benchmark.

How are you scoring so high at those clocks??? Thats gotta be 2 card run as your way above me in your gpu scores :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
Take a look at their leaderboard online, there are guys getting way higher on 780s and Titans on lower clocks.

What do you mean by 70-80% higher? I am about 1500 points more than you. Are you sure your clocks were stable at that run?

Soldato
Take a look at their leaderboard online, there are guys getting way higher on 780s and Titans on lower clocks.

What do you mean by 70-80% higher? I am about 1500 points more than you. Are you sure your clocks were stable at that run?

Look at individual scores not overall, clocks were stable, can add another 100hz to mem but had negative impact on score.

Associate
Ya I did, single GPU scores at any resolution are really not where they should be. I remember running it again at higher clocks and my scores were fluctuating around that submitted score so I just went ahead and submitted it.

When I enabled both cards- whether SLI was on or off- the scores were in the 29k-30k range irrespective of clocks (once over 1200 core that is). I have been in contact with the Catzilla support team for over a week now, all they could tell me was to refer to a thread in their forums but that did nothing.

So seeing 8 pack's scores today live was why I want to know what he did that gave him actual GPU scaling beyond 2 GPUs even though his 3-4 GPU scores at 720p are essentially the same lol.

Associate
His latest ones you mean? Or the single GPU score at 720p here on the scoreboards?

I also should say that there is a larger database of scores over on OCN and we have all noticed scores being all over the place there as well. The pro overclockers there only do it for the HWBot points but admit it is a terrible benchmark.

Associate
Fair enough but 8 pack got them running for 3/4 GPU setups at 720p. Unless it was by sheer clock speed alone, I am inclined to believe GPU scaling (At least for 3 GPUs) worked for him there.

Soldato
Kaap did you look at top 3 720p results?? Namely the gpu scores??
I thought this bench scaled ok with one card, just curious about vsg's gpu scores at those clocks. would have thought he would score just a little higher than Frosty.

Man of Honour
OP
Kaap did you look at top 3 720p results?? Namely the gpu scores??
I thought this bench scaled ok with one card, just curious about vsg's gpu scores at those clocks. would have thought he would score just a little higher than Frosty.

The problem with NVidia clock speeds is it is hard to compare them as it depends on boost and what bios people are using.

vsg28 is also using a 4770k which in most benches gives a little extra efficiency bonus.

I also think that this bench is still a bit quirky and I have seen my odd things even with single cards.

Back
Top Bottom