• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD: So far ahead of its time that we are launching it at the edge of space

Soldato
OP
Would love it if AMD had something competitive, been waiting a loooong time for AMD to do something. Hopefully a Rocky Style comeback just in time for Devil's Canyon launch.

Zvm9Epf.jpg

Caporegime
Mantle final release?

I can't really see where they can go with AMD FX unless the architecture has been made massively more energy efficient, FX9590 is already ridiculously hot/power hungry/stressful to motherboards.

Associate
Whilst I would love it should it be some kind of Steamroller FX which could actually offer up some competition. I have a suspicion that it will probably be some kind of slightly higher clocked version of an APU or some ultra-low-power CPU.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
It's an APU (I listed the website contents then looked in the java file controlling the timer).

$(this).on('finish.countdown', function(event) {
$(this).addClass('hidden');
$(this).parent().html('<h1 class="countdownfinish">AMD\'s most advanced APU ever.<br />Welcome to Earth</h1>');

Soldato
The name of the APU is linked to in my last post.

It is called the FX-7600P and is the first FX branded laptop APU.

It basically is a downclocked A10 7850K running at a 35W TDP instead of a 95W TDP,with 2.7GHZ to 3.6GHZ core clockspeed instead of 3.7GHZ to 4.0GHZ and a 512 shader IGP running at 600 to 666MHZ instead of 720MHZ.

However,ther FX-7600P can also use 2133MHZ DDR3 RAM,so it should not be far off an A10 7850K in lightly thread and IGP performance. The previous highest end AMD mobile CPU,the A10 5750M,had much lower clockspeeds for the IGP relative to the desktop version,so with the faster RAM,the IGP performance should be much better overall.

Over on overclock.net there are suggestions that HBM might be used,but I think it is unlikely IMHO.

Last edited:
Associate
Well we saw how little difference there was between the 384 shader and 512 shader versions, so we might find that even with the lower clock speed the RAM is still a limiting factor in performance.

Back
Top Bottom