The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Associate
This is good stuffs!

NlM7ns5.jpg

I just have to say the Sam fella I have been chatting with this past month has been extremely helpful, he even kept it professional when I sent him a gif of a bucket full of kittens!

Last edited:
Associate
Just got my monitor, big thanks to OcUK for getting it here today(especially warehouse for staying late to make it possible :D)

Got a problem when i set my refresh rate to anything over 60hz my screen just flickers or flashes, anyone have any ideas? thanks

Associate
You using the turbo button to change it or setting it via windows/nvidia control panel? I've found the first time I hooked the monitor up the button didn't wanna switch mine but after a reboot it resolved.

Associate
You using the turbo button to change it or setting it via windows/nvidia control panel? I've found the first time I hooked the monitor up the button didn't wanna switch mine but after a reboot it resolved.

Im using AMD GPU's atm, ive tried changing in windows and in the AMD CCC, the turbo button wont change the refresh rate from 60hz. hopefully its nothing to do with AMD cards as Asus stated it can still be used as a 144hz gaming monitor but without g-sync or ulmb (obviously). :confused:

Associate
Are you using afterburner by any chance? A thread on the asus forums suggests setting that to not use powerplay support resolves it. It's not the ROG monitor but a 144Hz one all the same: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35513-Monitor-flips-out-with-144Hz-video

Hopefully it helps :)

Thanks for the help, i tried but no joy :(. i was using afterburner, reset back to CCC, installed new drivers and still happening whenever i go above 60hz. I made a quick video on my phone of what happens on anything above 60hz allthough not as bad as it is on 144hz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbGIHbUrWIw&feature=youtu.be

Associate
I would suggest posting in the Graphics Card forum as there's plenty of helpful AMD users who should be able to guide you through the settings that might fix it, been a few years since I used AMD so I'm not up to speed with it all sadly.

Associate
@Gibbo I know this is OCUK forum but saying competitors don't have stock is not true and bordering on slander. You didn't pay extra for fast delivery since they got them at the same time. They also offer Sunday delivery, so you know ...

Associate
I would suggest posting in the Graphics Card forum as there's plenty of helpful AMD users who should be able to guide you through the settings that might fix it, been a few years since I used AMD so I'm not up to speed with it all sadly.

Thanks for your help anyways, ive checked the asus forums and it seems almost everybody with AMD cards struggles to get the monitors to work at anything over 85hz :confused:. apparently waiting on driver support from AMD.

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo I know this is OCUK forum but saying competitors don't have stock is not true and bordering on slander. You didn't pay extra for fast delivery since they got them at the same time. They also offer Sunday delivery, so you know ...

No competitor had stock yesterday, we paid for same day delivery to get monitors with our customers today.

So you know. :)

Back
Top Bottom