The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Soldato
Marking it personal against you is out of order - people do rant if they have had a bad experience, personally speaking its either been outstanding or dire - but what company is perfect in every way?

Permabanned
Well I do not have one yet, date keeps slipping further but I am in no hurry and price is less.

Got my wallet ready for a Gaming chair/ROG Swift/one of Optoma new 2014 Projector's (when the reviews come in)/Nvidia's next Flagship.

Not sure if I want X99.

Last edited:
I haz 4090!
Don
Seems no matter how hard we try and how much we have improved since Caseking takeover we shall always have haters. Trust Pilot and Review Centre, we are now the highest ranked for service at those sites. :)

Don't take it personally, you don't know when these people had order issues, or even if some of them are lying. They could have been years ago before the CK buyout when, admittedly, there were some CS issues.

Everyone can see and appreciate the extra effort you're putting into service nowadays to keep customers #1. Keep it up. :D

OcUK Staff
Don't take it personally, you don't know when these people had order issues, or even if some of them are lying. They could have been years ago before the CK buyout when, admittedly, there were some CS issues.

Everyone can see and appreciate the extra effort you're putting into service nowadays to keep customers #1. Keep it up. :D

Said it many times, since CK took over, they put a lot more money back into resources and wanted to bring the customer service to a level which was the best.

So things have certainly improved a lot. :)

Associate
Ordered one of these on Friday and it turned up on Saturday (thanks OCUK for the free Saturday upgrade :D).

I was a bit wary of spending the best part of 700 quid on a monitor but I rationalised it by telling myself I'd be spending a lot of time looking at the monitor, so it'd be a worthy investment. I have to say the difference between this and my old Catleap is night and day in terms of picture quality, smoothness & build quality. Very pleased with my purchase thus far.

.... and we throw in latest Borderlands game, something of which our competitors do not offer. :)

About the Borderlands game... I know it's not released yet but how do we get the codes for that? Will they be emailed closer to release or added to the order history page?

OcUK Staff
It has improved a lot, that's definitely true. How about chucking the swift down to 600 now the early rush is out the way!

Dude if I had 1000 sitting in my warehouse, we'd do that, though we'd not actually be making much money at all by doing so, Asus or NVIDIA are the ones making the big Wonga on this one.

Fact is we have over 100 arrive on Friday, I've got less than 50 left, they are flying so it would be very daft of us to drop our price sell out to just let our competitors with stock who are also £690 but without the service then get all the orders. :)

I literally have 1000+ of these on order with suppliers, I doubt I will see 1000 more arrive this year though.

Associate
Dude if I had 1000 sitting in my warehouse, we'd do that, though we'd not actually be making much money at all by doing so, Asus or NVIDIA are the ones making the big Wonga on this one.

Fact is we have over 100 arrive on Friday, I've got less than 50 left, they are flying so it would be very daft of us to drop our price sell out to just let our competitors with stock who are also £690 but without the service then get all the orders. :)

I literally have 1000+ of these on order with suppliers, I doubt I will see 1000 more arrive this year though.

Awwww:( I've been secretly hoping £600 - £649 would happen guess I should keep on dreaming or be relieved:D and go the Acer route like Gregster:cool:

The way everyone's gushing about this monitor though is going to make it a hard decision... now if we knew some info about the 970'S or 980's perhaps it would be easier to decide:cool::p

Isn't it about time you started mercilessly teasing us Gibbo:eek:

go on... you know you want to:o:p

one ;) for yes two ;)'s for no:D:p

Permabanned
Advise you read/watch the reviews and yes angles are better than other TN's so is colours.

Most said it is best TN they had ever seen, better than some IPS's.

OcUK Staff
Awwww:( I've been secretly hoping £600 - £649 would happen guess I should keep on dreaming or be relieved:D and go the Acer route like Gregster:cool:

The way everyone's gushing about this monitor though is going to make it a hard decision... now if we knew some info about the 970'S or 980's perhaps it would be easier to decide:cool::p

Isn't it about time you started mercilessly teasing us Gibbo:eek:

go on... you know you want to:o:p

one ;) for yes two ;)'s for no:D:p

Speculation removed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom