• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
I've just ordered Titan X ;)

390X might be better/ cheaper.........but the only thing that'll interest me now is a 390X2 Dual (obviously), but that'll be a bit stupid at only 1080p.............so the TX will easily last to late next year

i feel a bit guilty though but i guess i'll get over it :cool:

Nice one, is a great card. No need to feel guilty, when AMD launch something if it's faster just buy that and sell Titan X. Until then Titan X ftw !!

Man of Honour
OP

And on "The Roll of Honour".:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make EVGA SC, Kaapstad, Link
Make EVGA SC, Gregster, Link
Make Gigabyte, Gregster, Link
Make EVGA, magpie1966, Link
Make EVGA SC, Cosimo, Link
Make MSI, Orangey, Link
Make Gigabyte, BG1980, Link
Make Gigabyte, Boomstick777, Link
Make EVGA SC, andrewohare, Link
Make Gigabyte, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Make EVGA, Silent_Scone, Link
Make Gigabyte, tipes, Link
Make EVGA SC, ITANI, Link
Make MSI, Five.Stars, Link
Make Gigabyte, Nocky24, Link
Make Gigabyte, mac40, Link
Make Gigabyte, africanos23, Link
Make Gigabyte, Ayahuasca, Link
Make EVGA SC, fantasticCG, Link
Make Gigabyte, darket, Link
Make Gigabyte, Scimitar1, Link
Make MSI, Drojman, Link
Make Gigabyte, SS-89, Link
Make MSI, ndaar, Link
Make MSI, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Make Modded, 8 Pack, Link
Make Asus, gerardfraser, Link
Make EVGA SC, Evil Shubunkin, Link
Make Gigabyte, wunkley, Link
Make Gigabyte, crinkleshoes, Link
Make MSI, VincentHanna, Link
Make Gigabyte, Amidar, Link
Make Gigabyte, Twisted Kid, Link
Make EVGA, romanlegion13th, Link
Make EVGA, danw872, Link
Make Gigabyte, davisdavid, Link
Make Palit, Watlinguk, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your TitanX.​

Associate
And on "The Roll of Honour".:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make EVGA SC, Kaapstad, Link
Make EVGA SC, Gregster, Link
Make Gigabyte, Gregster, Link
Make EVGA, magpie1966, Link
Make EVGA SC, Cosimo, Link
Make MSI, Orangey, Link
Make Gigabyte, BG1980, Link
Make Gigabyte, Boomstick777, Link
Make EVGA SC, andrewohare, Link
Make Gigabyte, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Make EVGA, Silent_Scone, Link
Make Gigabyte, tipes, Link
Make EVGA SC, ITANI, Link
Make MSI, Five.Stars, Link
Make Gigabyte, Nocky24, Link
Make Gigabyte, mac40, Link
Make Gigabyte, africanos23, Link
Make Gigabyte, Ayahuasca, Link
Make EVGA SC, fantasticCG, Link
Make Gigabyte, darket, Link
Make Gigabyte, Scimitar1, Link
Make MSI, Drojman, Link
Make Gigabyte, SS-89, Link
Make MSI, ndaar, Link
Make MSI, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Make Modded, 8 Pack, Link
Make Asus, gerardfraser, Link
Make EVGA SC, Evil Shubunkin, Link
Make Gigabyte, wunkley, Link
Make Gigabyte, crinkleshoes, Link
Make MSI, VincentHanna, Link
Make Gigabyte, Amidar, Link
Make Gigabyte, Twisted Kid, Link
Make EVGA, romanlegion13th, Link
Make EVGA, danw872, Link
Make Gigabyte, davisdavid, Link
Make Palit, Watlinguk, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your TitanX.​

Nice :D benchies to follow!

Soldato
Nice one, is a great card. No need to feel guilty, when AMD launch something if it's faster just buy that and sell Titan X. Until then Titan X ftw !!

I'll probably keep it till late next year, because it's not such a problem at 1080p, but SLI is, because it keeps defaulting back to one card only and a single 970 is virtually useless in Daz 3D Modelling............WOW IT'S SLOW.

Soldato
Put overclock back to stock on the TX. Still doing it.

I've managed to find a standardised test for the problem at least. 3D mark Firestrike extreme will hard lock on the loading screen of test #2. Every time. Test 1 runs fine. Test 2 loading screen comes up - bang - hard lock and I have to press the comp reset button.

Going to uninstall nvidia drivers and try latest hotfix ones. If that doesn't work, I'm really stumped.

EDIT - *****touch massive amounts of wood***** uninstalling nvidia drivers and running DDU in safe mode, then reinstalling the latest 350.05 hotfix drivers and physx, seems to have sorted it! 3dmark firestrike extreme tests all run fine now. Hopefully should have sorted the lock ups in games loading too. Hopefully.

****ing ****. Thought I'd fixed it. Got another hard lock with far cry 3. Launched game, clicked load and just locked up again :mad::mad::mad:

What's the likely culprit here? Faulty Titan X, or a driver issue? Given it only seems to be a problem on loading or exiting certain games I'm inclined to think it's a driver or software issue rather than a hardware issue. Need some help folks

Soldato
****ing ****. Thought I'd fixed it. Got another hard lock with far cry 3. Launched game, clicked load and just locked up again :mad::mad::mad:

What's the likely culprit here? Faulty Titan X, or a driver issue? Given it only seems to be a problem on loading or exiting certain games I'm inclined to think it's a driver or software issue rather than a hardware issue. Need some help folks

I would agree with your thoughts on probably a software/driver issue, but, what worries me is that a hard lock like that could indicate hardware issues somewhere. Have you tried the card in another slot, if that is possible to rule out a possible slot gone awry? Have you checked event viewer for clues as to what is causing the hard locks - maybe there is a BSD which you are not seeing. Other than that I would try to test the card in a known working system just to check the card itself. Other than that idk.

Associate
Please let me in the club. :)

55919_wp_20150404_15_46_54_raw.thumb.jpg

55919_wp_20150404_15_49_37_smart.thumb.jpg

Associate
Associate
Going to post these so they don't get lost and for anyone looking for some benchies on these games.

Someone was doing a GTX980 SLI vs Titan X thread thats why I did them.

CPU: 3930K (Stock) - Everything on Air

Shadow Of Mordor

Stock Titan X (1189/7000) - Min: 62.26 Avg: 87.35 Max: 116.08

Sv6MnHB.jpg

OCed Titan X (1439/8000) - Min: 58.22 Avg: 103.16 Max: 173.39

MNpZdRx.jpg

DA:I 1440p Ultra

Stock Titan X (1189/7000) - Min: 48.7 Avg: 58.1
CN1k7db.jpg

OCed Titan X (1439/7000) - Min: 57.5 Avg: 70.7
XwjvBuF.jpg

Soldato
Have to say I'm impressed with the tweak guides on nvidia.com, very detailed and seem to cover most of the bits n bobs uncovered by the community.

Associate

Long and meandering - Be honest about this.

Not available in 2160p yet, I guess that takes time?

A genuine question mate, why would you want to enable TXAA at 4k which blurs the crap out of the graphics and reduces your fps? Was this just to show how good the X's are at hardcore settings? Sorry i only started to watch the beginning not sure if you change or explain anything later in the video. Don't want to sound a knob i was just wondering that's all.

Back
Top Bottom