• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
Is it just my eyes or is that card flexing on the right?

I'd also remove those plastic caps, they are right near the extremely hot RAM chips, don't want them melting.

but i'm not 100 % happy with it, because i hate things that dont look right, so i might opt for full water block/ reservoir/pump next week.........or return it to stock with a few mods that it needs.

but lets see what it looks like when i level the board first.............finally, it wouldn't sag in the In-Win D-Frame !!!!!!!!!!

Soldato
It's fairly bad, you were praising it the other day at how level it was.
I wouldn't be happy with that.

nor am i, the rest of the rig looks brilliant, it has to levelled up with the rig turned upside down and the bracket left about 3 hours to cure in place.........the sag is about 1/2 an inch, the Backplate had to come off because it looks so ugly

i'm not sure what to do now

Last edited:
Soldato
Put the backplate back on, put the side panel back on and use the card? :confused:

You said yesterday it doesn't matter about looks as long as it cools well.

it's blasted from the underside only, but it does get hot on the top face.........yes although the full Arctic cooler is ugly it was definitely dead level with very cool RAM...........

this is not an easy decision

Man of Honour
OP
TROH updated.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make EVGA SC, Kaapstad, Link
Make EVGA SC, Gregster, Link
Make Gigabyte, Gregster, Link
Make EVGA, magpie1966, Link
Make EVGA SC, Cosimo, Link
Make MSI, Orangey, Link
Make Gigabyte, BG1980, Link
Make Gigabyte, Boomstick777, Link
Make EVGA SC, andrewohare, Link
Make Gigabyte, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Make EVGA, Silent_Scone, Link
Make Gigabyte, tipes, Link
Make EVGA SC, ITANI, Link
Make MSI, Five.Stars, Link
Make Gigabyte, Nocky24, Link
Make Gigabyte, mac40, Link
Make Gigabyte, africanos23, Link
Make Gigabyte, Ayahuasca, Link
Make EVGA SC, fantasticCG, Link
Make Gigabyte, darket, Link
Make Gigabyte, Scimitar1, Link
Make MSI, Drojman, Link
Make Gigabyte, SS-89, Link
Make MSI, ndaar, Link
Make MSI, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Make Asus, 8 Pack, Link
Make Asus, gerardfraser, Link
Make EVGA SC, Evil Shubunkin, Link
Make Gigabyte, wunkley, Link
Make Gigabyte, crinkleshoes, Link
Make MSI, VincentHanna, Link
Make Gigabyte, Amidar, Link
Make Gigabyte, Twisted Kid, Link
Make EVGA, romanlegion13th, Link
Make EVGA, danw872, Link
Make Gigabyte, davisdavid, Link
Make Palit, Watlinguk, Link
Make Palit, TTomax, Link
Make Gigabyte, seth1969, Link
Make Palit, straxusii, Link
Make Asus, Firefox35, Link
Make Gigabyte, GarryO, Link
Make NVidia Direct, Seyumi, Link
Make Gigabyte, Mal X, Link
Make Gigabyte, Budge4, Link
Make Palit, Quartz, Link
Make EVGA SC, whyscotty, Link
Make EVGA, ^JP^, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your TitanX.​

Soldato
it's blasted from the underside only, but it does get hot on the top face.........yes although the full Arctic cooler is ugly it was definitely dead level with very cool RAM...........

this is not an easy decision

i've refitted the backplate, the card is dead level now but it's huge, it's actually starting to block the 5th slot :eek:

the card looks like a slice of ham in the middle of a Ham Sandwich :D but at least it's cold and silent now

the Water cooled CPU mounting disc wont fit under the reference cooler without heavily modifying the cooler's base plate, you'll need to cut it out to allow the CPU mounting flange to contact the GPU Board on the underside..

this means you'll loose all the Stock Coolers fins :eek:, so you'll need the same back plate as mine to cool the RAM............Which is exactly what ARCTIC do with their Hybrid 2 .

You cant get around it, if you're gonna try and cool/silence the Titan X on the cheap, it's going to look ugly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom