• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Associate
Anyone find their Titan X smells? :) Probably just a new card smell but can't say I have noticed any smell in the past with other new cards. Bit like burning PCB but as it hasn't exploded yet after about an hour of gaming I'm assuming all okay. Only smelling under load, so not at Windows desktop.

My 2 were like that at first but the smell has gone now after having them since launch. You should be fine after a while.

Associate
Anyone find their Titan X smells? :) Probably just a new card smell but can't say I have noticed any smell in the past with other new cards. Bit like burning PCB but as it hasn't exploded yet after about an hour of gaming I'm assuming all okay. Only smelling under load, so not at Windows desktop.

Mine still smells around 70hours of gaming later. Chemical hot air smell right ?

Doesn't seem to be getting any less smelly, but the smell is usually noticeable when running over 75c on the core.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well, I can honestly say that I am chuffed to bits with my TX. Glad I sold the second one as well, as I had huge buyers remorse with it and it wasn't needed at all for 1440P and the ROG Swift monitor. I have spent more time recently gaming than I ever have.

@ Nik - I have had that smell on previous cards but not at all on either of my TXs. One was the EVGA SC and the other (kept one) was the Gigabyte and no burning smell at all. Maybe a bit too much grease on the fan bearings perhaps?

Soldato
I Need a 2nd TX :confused:.......... that is is i buy a 4k tv next week, not sure yet, but i'm also interested in the 1080p OLED as well.

Soldato
I wondered how many people have Titan X graphic cards worldwide so now Steam hardware survey April 2015 is up. Over 50,000 proud owners after calculated 125M steam users. :D I noticed lots of them used 2 Titan X SLi in many forums, Nvidia probably shipped 100,000 Titan X cards worldwide to date.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X 0.04% 50,000

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/directx/

Here the full breakdown Geforce 900 series as ended of April:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4.52% 5,650,000
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 1.24% 1,550,000
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 0.90% 1,125,000
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 0.30% 375,000
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 0.18% 225,000
NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X 0.04% 50,000
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M 0.02% 25,000
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 0.02% 25,000

Total 7.22% 9,025,000 owners

It is amazing GTX 960 shares doubled compared a month ago, it could overtake GTX 980 in end of May if shares double again.

Soldato
Yep, having seen various posts about GTA V using more than 8GB in those resolutions, I am just sick of having to worry about VRAM. 980ti won't have more than 8GB I would imagine so Titan X was the only choice really.

With two Titan Blacks I am using 7000mb which you halve. Plus the memory detection is very inaccurate.

For every high end game I've played at max settings I've not gone anywhere close to running out of VRAM dude.

Now if that were 4gb I would be very worried indeed.

Soldato
Mine still smells around 70hours of gaming later. Chemical hot air smell right ?

Yep that's it. I think it's eased off on mine now - only used it for an hour yesterday but didn't notice anything even when I returned to the room the PC is in little later.

I was thinking about picking up a second but think I will leave it a while as plenty fast enough for 1440p. Maybe would be better spent on a new g-sync monitor instead and try to pick up a second one before they become NLA which hopefully is a long while off yet. Maybe in 6 months games will become more demanding on resources and the extra power of a 2nd will be needed.

Associate
I cant afford another one for a while so i will deffo be going 1440p g sync. Just a shame about the new acer, sounds like a lot of peeps are having issues. Might just grab a rog swift :/. Decisions, decisions lol

Absolutely adore my super clocked Titan x. Felt like a crazy guy spending that much (as i normally go midrange cards) but love the thing. Hopefully last a while.

Soldato
I cant afford another one for a while so i will deffo be going 1440p g sync. Just a shame about the new acer, sounds like a lot of peeps are having issues. Might just grab a rog swift :/. Decisions, decisions lol

Absolutely adore my super clocked Titan x. Felt like a crazy guy spending that much (as i normally go midrange cards) but love the thing. Hopefully last a while.

Always used Dell LCD's and wish they'd build one with G-Sync :). Using a 2711 and an old 2408 monitor that still works perfectly - no noticeable degrading in the LCD image. Saw the Acer and then noticed the issues on the forum so didn't look any closer. Wondered about the Rog but given the Acer reviews seem much better(and the Rog probably been around a while now?), I'll probably wait and see if any new g-sync monitors get released in the next few months from manufacturers better known for their quality (rather than Acer)

Moved from a 780 Ti and still noticing a big difference between it and the TX - seems a lot smoother.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP

Welcome and TROH updated.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make EVGA SC, Kaapstad, Link
Make EVGA SC, Gregster, Link
Make Gigabyte, Gregster, Link
Make EVGA, magpie1966, Link
Make EVGA SC, Cosimo, Link
Make MSI, Orangey, Link
Make Gigabyte, BG1980, Link
Make Gigabyte, Boomstick777, Link
Make EVGA SC, andrewohare, Link
Make Gigabyte, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Make EVGA, Silent_Scone, Link
Make Gigabyte, tipes, Link
Make EVGA SC, ITANI, Link
Make MSI, Five.Stars, Link
Make Gigabyte, Nocky24, Link
Make Gigabyte, mac40, Link
Make Gigabyte, africanos23, Link
Make Gigabyte, Ayahuasca, Link
Make EVGA SC, fantasticCG, Link
Make Gigabyte, darket, Link
Make Gigabyte, Scimitar1, Link
Make MSI, Drojman, Link
Make Gigabyte, SS-89, Link
Make MSI, ndaar, Link
Make MSI, VEGACORTEZ, Link
Make Asus, 8 Pack, Link
Make Asus, gerardfraser, Link
Make EVGA SC, Evil Shubunkin, Link
Make Gigabyte, wunkley, Link
Make Gigabyte, crinkleshoes, Link
Make MSI, VincentHanna, Link
Make Gigabyte, Amidar, Link
Make Gigabyte, Twisted Kid, Link
Make EVGA, romanlegion13th, Link
Make EVGA, danw872, Link
Make Gigabyte, davisdavid, Link
Make Palit, Watlinguk, Link
Make Palit, TTomax, Link
Make Gigabyte, seth1969, Link
Make Palit, straxusii, Link
Make Asus, Firefox35, Link
Make Gigabyte, GarryO, Link
Make NVidia Direct, Seyumi, Link
Make Gigabyte, Mal X, Link
Make Gigabyte, Budge4, Link
Make Palit, Quartz, Link
Make EVGA SC, whyscotty, Link
Make EVGA, ^JP^, Link
Make Palit, Meaker, Link
Make Gigabyte, cwgk91, Link
Make Gigabyte, andy_taximan, Link
Make Gigabyte, hexblitz86, Link
Make MSI, garymcq23, Link
Make Palit, SpeckleD, Link
Make Gigabyte, jim0082, Link
Make EVGA, vasilltino, Link
Make EVGA SC, Aylan1196, Link
Make Gigabyte, cadmunkey, Link
Make EVGA, Shamrock, Link
Make EVGA SC, Genjuro82, Link
Make Gigabyte, HACO, Link
Make MSI, dasimpse, Link
Make Gigabyte, CapitalOne, Link
Make Gigabyte, Montegue, Link
Make Palit, ish1, Link
Make EVGA SC, Streetlight, Link
Make EVGA SC, dessimpson, Link
Make EVGA SC, Mayh3M, Link
Make EVGA SC, Deks, Link
Make EVGA, elfoscuro, Link
Make EVGA, thefogo, Link
Make EVGA SC, Klunt Bumskrint, Link
Make EVGA SC, faxfan, Link
Make Asus, cjdavid, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your TitanX.​

Back
Top Bottom