• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
It has to be a lead issue. I paid £30+ for the last startech and thought that would sort it but Neil is using a 1.5M lead without issue, so maybe I need a different lead. I can get away with a 2M lead (will be coming across my desk so not ideal) but I could do with Matt telling me the exact lead to get.

Both several AOC monitors and the ROG Swift are not using VESA standard timings, hence the problem with AMD cards ... or is this another issue?

Soldato
Thanks but it needs to be DP as that is the only connection on my monitor. Love my monitor as well, so not an option to swap it out sadly.

Opps sorry just thought HDMI. Cant help you here then am only using DP that come with my monitor.

Both several AOC monitors and the ROG Swift are not using VESA standard timings, hence the problem with AMD cards ... or is this another issue?

Thats what I was abut to say to whyscotty only I couldn't fully think of the correct way to put it.. This is why I always thought ROG swift didnt work with AMD. but whyscotty is working fine.

Caporegime
Congrats on the card Greg. :)

Thanks bud :)

I'm not sure if the timings vary per-monitor which may explain it? I'm not too familiar with these things.

Greg, have you tried tweaking the timings as described here? https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...z-flickering-on-ROG-Swift-PG278Q-with-R9-290X

Honestly this goes well outside my knowledge of monitor tech :(

I tried that on the 290X and didn't help unfortunately. It must be a lead issue and the first lead I had would flicker badly at 120Hz to a point it was a solid black screen. I tried the one that came with the monitor and the same, so I bought a better quality Startech cable and that works for a few seconds and then black screen, works again, black screen but not as bad as the first 2.

I am betting if I get a 1.2 DP cable that is good quality, that would help. Slightly annoyed that the damned capture card has wasted most of my morning and now I need to get ready for work :(

Oh well, I can play tonight for a bit.

Thanks for the help as well chaps. All help is welcomed.

Caporegime
Anyways, first impressions of the card are good. No whine and everything works nicely. Very quiet when gaming (albeit not had much chance to game yet) and very cool temps. Small card as well and looks smart.

Pics are all done but keeping them for my review in a few days. Some proper testing needed but looks like the 4K capture card is going back and I will stick with the Avermedia external capture card which does the same job and more efficient.

Associate
Humm looking at

fz3a3j4.jpg

You could easy make (read 3d print) a new cover-plate that presses down on the chokes, and probably kill most of the coil whine.

If i had a Fury X i would make one and put the STL's online

Back
Top Bottom