** ROG SEXYNESS: THREE NEW ROG SWIFTS COMING SOON!! **

Soldato
At 750£ i say thank you very much but no.Almost 200 more than rog swift just for ips panel is a bit insane.

I have been waiting for this monitor for months now, I think £700 is about all I am willing to pay... the MG279Q is £450.... Normally Gsync screens are £150-200 more than the freesync versions.

Permabanned
I think i'll be waiting till december to see what kind of reviews will have and the most important thing if asus will fail the QC again and problably the price will be lower than 700 by that time.

Mobster
Soldato
Wow, so hard to choose between the 1440p and the 4k. The bent one is out of the question.

Least I've got a couple of months to mull over it.

Associate
I think if I was choosing between the 4k and the 1440p I'd go for 1440, because of the refresh, and 27inches for 4k probably isn't worth it (it's a great quality picture, but I would go bigger for sure). If you really want 4k, the 40inch one would be wonderful, if only it had Gsync...

Associate
Now, I would like to ask as many people would be thinking now at this price of the ASUS PG348Q monitor. What about returns for a dead pixel, bad backlight bleed and issues with the ASUS PG348Q monitor, I would buy one, however I do not want to keep sending it back because of a dead pixel or other issues, is there anything you can do

I would like to know what the situation with this monitor is too. After the Acer debacle, there's no way I'm dropping that much money without some kind of assurance to back this expensive monitor up.

Associate
This we have huge buying power and can buy pretty much everything Asus can ship to UK / Europe as was evident with the Swift last year and XB270HU. Though competitors may list and even get stock Ocuk will typically get the lions share and first deliveries.

I've already ordered thousands and am first reseller to do so in Europe. :)

What happened with the Acer X34? ;)

Associate
As someone who just preordered one I would also like some clarification on backlight/dead pixel issues. This is a lot of money and I want perfection.

Also, just to make sure, this will come with a displayport cable?

Associate
Thats for the 4k version, PG27AQ. Wonder how well a single 980Ti would work driving 3 of the non 4k versions, the PG279Q?

sorry wrong notes the PG279Q notes say

Notes/FAQ:
- 165Hz G-SYNC mode is ONLY supported on GTX 960 and above, GTX 700 series only support upto 120Hz!!
- 3x NVIDIA GeForce GTX660Ti BOOST GPU or higher in 3-way SLI configuration are needed, or GPU with 3x DP connectors for surround mode.
- Driver version 355.60 already released for all G-SYNC-supported graphics cards. If you are using GTX 9 series graphics cards, you can download 355.60 or latest version from NVIDIA website.
NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology only works with NVIDIA’s graphic cards. Other GPUs are NOT able to support this technology.
- NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ Technology automatically scales up your contents displayed to 2560 x 1440. The DisplayPort supports 2560 x 1440 up to 165Hz. The HDMI only supports 2560 x 1440 @ 60Hz.
- The ROG SWIFT PG279Q can support G-SYNC Surround (3x SWIFT PG279Q) up to 7680 x 1440 (*Driver version 355.60 already released for all G-SYNC-supported graphics cards. If you are using GTX 9 series graphics cards, you can download 355.60 or latest version from NVIDIA website.)
- PG279Q does NOT support NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ .
- NVIDIA ® Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB) Technology works only at 85Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz

OcUK Staff
OP
Stock is out there though and selling in Europe already, not pre-selling.

We have UK stock en-route, we can ask Acer about EU stock but we'd rather wait for UK stock.

In the UK we shall be first and this is what matters, not many UK customers will risk buying from Germany due to when it comes to returns/warranty.

Soldato
We have UK stock en-route, we can ask Acer about EU stock but we'd rather wait for UK stock.

In the UK we shall be first and this is what matters, not many UK customers will risk buying from Germany due to when it comes to returns/warranty.
Any responses to the situation regarding 100Hz refresh rate with the X34s? Considering that these are unashamedly being advertised as 100Hz monitors yet the manual states a word of caution - if these fail whilst running at 100Hz (or indeed suffer from any other issue such as whining - any issues at all are completely unacceptable for a £960 monitor) how will these be handled by OcUK? Also, I know what I'm looking for when it comes to bleed and glow - if bleed is unacceptable, will OcUK stand by these monitors? Heck, if glow is unacceptable it still should be considered a fault.

This really is the make or break issue for me, whether I'll cancel my pre-order or not I'm not sure yet.

Soldato
Any responses to the situation regarding 100Hz refresh rate with the X34s? Considering that these are unashamedly being advertised as 100Hz monitors yet the manual states a word of caution - if these fail whilst running at 100Hz (or indeed suffer from any other issue such as whining - any issues at all are completely unacceptable for a £960 monitor) how will these be handled by OcUK? Also, I know what I'm looking for when it comes to bleed and glow - if bleed is unacceptable, will OcUK stand by these monitors? Heck, if glow is unacceptable it still should be considered a fault.

This really is the make or break issue for me, whether I'll cancel my pre-order or not I'm not sure yet.

Anyone worried about these things (as they are right to be) should simply NOT buy an Acer monitor, especially the X34. Their wording in the manual alone is enough to bring you out in a cold sweat, what with it saying that running it above the panel specs (60Hz-75Hz) is at your own risk, absolving them of warranty responsibility should something go wrong (that's how it's worded anyway), although from a legal perspective I don't know how they think they can get away with this when they're advertising the monitor as 100Hz capable. Regardless, this is a clear indication that they have ZERO confidence in the panel's longevity and it sustaining this speed over the lifetime of the monitor. With this being a 60Hz native panel, that's probably the case to be honest. I wouldn't buy this monitor, you're just asking for trouble somewhere down the line, and Acer are the worst company to deal with when you do.

Given the Asus PG348Q is just around the corner, it's worth waiting to see how that is received, but as it is using the same panel as the X34, it may be the same scenario.

OcUK Staff
OP

Yes.
Acer said running at 100Hz won't void warranty. But I've asked for it in writing from HQ. :)

Soldato
Hi Gibbo,

Can you clarify the below:

- Warranty: 3yr (On-Site with Asus - 01442 265 548)

For the avoidance on any confusion can you please explain what this constitutes, it's not another "LG Onsite warranty" right, where there was nothing really "on site about it"?

Does the Asus PG348Q ROG Swift 34 come with "On-Site with Asus" as it's not listed, just says "Warranty : 3yr", maybe that's just a typo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom