• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
Adding a Known Issue to the 16.1.1 Hotfix driver release notes.

Known Issues
Fallout 4 - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations with the v1.3 game update and with AMD Crossfire™ enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable AMD Crossfire™.

Associate
Adding a Known Issue to the 16.1.1 Hotfix driver release notes.

Known Issues
Fallout 4 - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations with the v1.3 game update and with AMD Crossfire™ enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable AMD Crossfire™.

Very bad luck I quess for AMD :(

Associate
I have an issue with these drivers, afterburner doesn't reconise the fan profile on my second card so it hits 95c and in monitoring in afterburner it shows clock speed etc but will not show voltage on the second card also.

Soldato
Iv'e gotta admit there seems to be nothing but issues with these crimson drivers? Ive never really had any issues with AMD drivers on a single card except since ive tried using Crimson. I might actually roll back to be honest. I would have thought AMD would have done abit more in house testing. I'm sure things will get sorted but i'm disappointed because it's always been flawless for me until now.

Associate
Iv'e gotta admit there seems to be nothing but issues with these crimson drivers? Ive never really had any issues with AMD drivers on a single card except since ive tried using Crimson. I might actually roll back to be honest. I would have thought AMD would have done abit more in house testing. I'm sure things will get sorted but i'm disappointed because it's always been flawless for me until now.

Just out of curiousity, what are the problems that are issues to you personally. As I'm not crossfire user, I have no problems with current games I play. Only problem I have with crimsons is the bouncing clocks on fury, but that's why clockblocker app is there. Games run pretty much very well for me.

Soldato
Just out of curiousity, what are the problems that are issues to you personally. As I'm not crossfire user, I have no problems with current games I play. Only problem I have with crimsons is the bouncing clocks on fury, but that's why clockblocker app is there. Games run pretty much very well for me.

Black screens, crimson having issues with MSI afterburner or just overclocking in general. Fallout 4 doesn't play nice for me anymore which has been recognised now and im glad as i thought at one point my card was dieing lol. And odd times my display just looses signal which is weird as it never does it on the old drivers. Even got a new cable and that didn't solve my issue. I just think im going to roll back from the crimson drivers until they get a few things fixed first. My old drivers was flawless and couldn't complain. I just thought id give crimson a try to see if there was any improvements performance wise but its hard to tell without my overclocks lol.

Associate
My game isn't using much of the 8GB RAM as in above screenies, although like the VRAM usage, it slowly rises as you get further in. Seen the likes of Bf 4 etc. use more RAM than this so I think 8GB should be fine at least when the memory leak issue is fixed.

But yeah, I wonder if the denuvo DRM is causing some performance issues, stops piracy (at least for a while) but it causes issues :(

I'm serious about RAM, if you not sure - lend from your friend and test.

Associate
Whoops, didn't have exclusive fullscreen enabled, enabled that as well as FXAA and disabled vignette & depth of field:

LL9uAb3.png

foX6cDa.png

vUUsquo.png

KPZ1eSb.png
Stats still a bit similar.

I really need polaris/pascal GPU or/and a 34" 1440 freesync screen now :(

EDIT:

And yeah I am pretty sure this game needs a patch, VRAM usage is low at first but builds up slowly + CPU usage shouldn't be that low, should it?!

I also confurm VRAM leaks in ROTR. Thanks Mr. Huang.

Soldato
Not sure whether to update to crimson or not :(.

I was waiting for the tomb raider drivers, but it seems they are just for crossfire and I played and finished the game fine on 15.7.1 with no issues (capped to 30 with rtss, as a single 290 won't get 60 and the fluctuations annoyed me).

And what I have is working fine, so not sure whether to update or wait till I actually need to.

Also there are two on the page? 15.12 and 16.1.1 hotfix, obvisouly the 16.1.1 is newer, but why is 15.12 still there? Is 15.12 the last stable/whql or they just leave it there for some reason?

Soldato
I wonder why tomb raider on very high textures is really stuttery once you get to the Snowy soviet place but before that it was perfect.

Soldato
Does steam allow you to roll back a patch to 1.2 on FO4?

Assuming 1.3 is still beta - I think it is, I haven't seen my copy update in a while - I would think you could just uncheck the beta participation box then validate the game files and in theory (imo at least) it should patch the game back to 1.2, as 1.2 would be what it's validating against in steams servers :)

Back
Top Bottom