Overclockers UK Forums Click here for more details
Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Life > General Discussion

Old 2nd Jul 2012, 13:39   #91
cyclops12
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeeeethan View Post
They do reset the devices at the start of every month, on the first of next month watch what it says when you log in to Sky Go it should say registering device, the system checks the security cookie that silverlight leaves behind when registering which allows the device back into the system without taking up a change.

If your system doesnt have the cookie or has changed in any way shape or form which invalidates the cookie then the device is considered as a "new" device even if its the exact same pc and just that something has gone wrong with the cookie.

Its annoying how there is literally no margin for error, one **** up and thats it.
It doesn't work on cookies, it's the devices in silverlight.

TRIABUSA ,,,,,,,, OcUK Titan Viper
Last edited by cyclops12; 2nd Jul 2012 at 13:49.
cyclops12 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 14:10   #92
cyclops12
Wise Guy

Ok Eeeeeethan i've just signed in to sky go for the first time this month, it didn't say registering device, i even started a film off just to make sure.

I then checked in manage devices and both of my devices are there, one of them i've not used for months.

Open up microsoft silverlight and make sure "enable application storage" is ticked under the application storage tab.

Old 2nd Jul 2012, 14:16   #93
TheLegendOfMart
Wise Guy

Very wierd because my devices get removed at the start of every month, application storage is enabled because i can see sky listed and how much storage its using.
TheLegendOfMart is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 14:26   #94
cyclops12
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeeeethan View Post
Very wierd because my devices get removed at the start of every month, application storage is enabled because i can see sky listed and how much storage its using.
That shouldn't happen the only time it should say "registering device" is when you first use it, it even has the date i last used my other device which was months ago.

Old 2nd Jul 2012, 14:33   #95
Nexus
Capodecina

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops12 View Post
That shouldn't happen the only time it should say "registering device" is when you first use it, it even has the date i last used my other device which was months ago.
Yeah I was just going to add that.
I just checked mine and it says I've not used my laptop since February, yet its still registered.

Nexus is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 14:43   #96
hilly
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Yeah I was just going to add that.
I just checked mine and it says I've not used my laptop since February, yet its still registered.
Mine also only get deregistered when there is a problem. My iPhone suffered a fault and was swapped out, loaded up Sky Go and registered the device with no problems. The other device is an xbox - which also doesn't get de-registered every month (else I wouldn't have been able to re-register the "new" iphone).

hilly is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 14:50   #97
cyclops12
Wise Guy

Are you getting any error codes or is it just saying this device isn't registered when you try and view a film ect?

Old 2nd Jul 2012, 15:09   #98
Archy
Wise Guy

I have never had my devices de-registered, been using sky go for about 6 months now and have had pc and iPad registered since the start, not noticed anything different coming up ever. Hope you get sorted.

Archy is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 15:19   #99
TheLegendOfMart
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops12 View Post
Are you getting any error codes or is it just saying this device isn't registered when you try and view a film ect?
Yeah I get error codes which I google, which are generic unregistered device error codes.
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 22:04   #100
Aeleys
Soldato

it's one device per 28/30 days of the time that you change it.

with my xbox's I had to wait 28 days each, for both and that was recently...so stupid and annoying 56 days just to swap two devices lol.

if it was just the end of the month that would of been okay, but yeah.

GT: Rufus010
Aeleys is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 01:27   #101
MissChief
Sgarrista

Sky removed the registration of any device that uses Silverlight but also granted an extra monthly change per device removed in February as the update to Silverlight 5 would have resulted in a new registration anyway. That's why Xboxes, idevices and android phones weren't removed.

it's not 28/30 days from the date of registration, it grants one device change on the first of every month.

A device won't become de-registered at all unless Sky make a change. if you want to change a device and you already have two devices registered then you must remove one on www.skygo.com (click on settings then manage devices) first before you can register another device. Remember though, it's one addition per month so the change you make you're stuck with until 01/08.

Silverlight 4 used a cookie system which meant that use of CCleaner, Advanced systemcare, Winshampoo and other 'useful' software (which, IMO cause more problems than they solve) would remove the Sky Go and Silverlight registration meaning the device would show as unregistered. The upgrade to Silverlight 5 stores the registration in a different way so CCleaner etc have no effect anymore.

Also, as it's only one change per month is DOESN'T MATTER if you remove both devices (Completely ignoring the warning that TELLS YOU that if you want to remove a device and you have already made your one change you WON'T be able to add on another device AND asks you to confirm this) because as soon as you have two devices registered at the same time the one change per month then starts. Also the changes don't stack either. if you don't make any changes for 2 months you still cannot add more than one device per month. I had to wait until Sunday to re-register my windows 7 PC as I reinstalled windows onto my SSD. Even I was told I would need to wait AND I WORK FOR THEM!

Any other assumptions you want me to correct?

Origin: Tesslacoil; Steam: Misschief; R*SC Tess-Lacoil
Trust message me for NEW Customer Sky Friends and Family discount codes.
Last edited by MissChief; 3rd Jul 2012 at 01:37.
MissChief is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 08:02   #102
TheLegendOfMart
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChief View Post
Any other assumptions you want me to correct?
Yeah can you clear up the assumption that the Sky CS agents know what they are talking about when I followed their instructions and they told me I could register two devices?
Old 1st Dec 2012, 00:03   #103
bulldog147
Mobster

U can add device if you do the following:

1) go to c: / users - programdata (you need to tick hidden files show under folder option) microsoft / playready and deleted under this folder mspr.hds

2) uninstalled silverlight & then change windows times / dates to 1 month ahead and reboot pc and go to bios setting and change the times / dates to 1 month ahead (must match windows times and dates or otherwise it won't work)

3) installling silverlight and go to sky go and it now registered device to your computer and then reboot pc

4) go back to bios and change to your current times and dates and boot to windows and change windows times and dates. And sky go still continue working.

Or the other way, before you re-formatted your HDD, copy and back up mspr.hds under playready and put it back when installed windows.
bulldog147 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2012, 00:47   #104
HAz
Capodecina

He probably doesn't care now...

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, i5 3570K ivy @ 4.8GHZ, 16GB Corsair Ballistic 1600, Nvidia 970, 2x m4 128gb, custom water cooled, 2meg ATTH (aluminium to the home)
HAz is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2012, 08:57   #105
Cosimo
Man of Honour

It's happened to me once before on the pc but no big deal really as I just used a tablet until the pc could be registered again. What a big fuss over nothing.

Cosimo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2012, 08:59   #106
leaskovski
Sgarrista

Android devices..... lol, sore subject.

leaskovski is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2012, 09:08   #107
judmann
Gangster

I had to format both my hard drives once because none of them would boot up,both of them I used for skyGo,all I need was phone up explaining to them what happened and they cancelled both devices being used so I could use them again within minuets.
Maybe its idiots wanting to change them week in week out for there needs and others who dont own sky and they have caught on and are being strict.
judmann is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2012, 09:14   #108
Goberpiles316
Mobster

I had the same issue, and sent an email to one of the CEO's they did not reset my devices but provided me with free multiroom for the year, it is something to do with the licence conditions.

Goberpiles316 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2012, 10:28   #109
KIA
Man of Honour

Wow, no wonder people pirate. Awful DRM system.
KIA is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2012, 10:33   #110
TheLegendOfMart
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by judmann View Post
I had to format both my hard drives once because none of them would boot up,both of them I used for skyGo,all I need was phone up explaining to them what happened and they cancelled both devices being used so I could use them again within minuets.
Maybe its idiots wanting to change them week in week out for there needs and others who dont own sky and they have caught on and are being strict.
That's the first and last time I rung them, cancelling sky when my contract runs out, had nothing but problems with Sky Go.
Old 1st Dec 2012, 12:59   #111
bulldog147
Mobster

What happen to skygo if you updated iPad software or reset it ? Sky need to sort this out because surely they can register to iPad serial number only so any reset will register it automatically. Sky had million of pounds to do this. But they don't care these day now. The full screen of sky sports live on iPad 3 is rather poor indeed out of screen spec.
bulldog147 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2012, 15:55   #112
Snax
Mobster

sky go is a laggy POS anyway...

Constantly buffering for no reason.
Snax is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote