Heatsink Spec

Associate
OP
Cool, thank you for the weblink too doyll. Was trying one earlier and it wasn't displaying properly then had to go to football!.

Think I might make up some pads out of some rubber because I won't be installing everything until after christmas, due to them meant to be presents haha. Just wanted to make sure I had everything needed with the heatsink and it looks like I do. Happy man now :)

Glad the cap isn't needed too. I'm just guessing the person who had it before rushed when attempting to put it on im finding TIM in random as hell places haha. Think I'll clean it up tomorrow and show you the difference.

Thank you both for all your help it's really appreciated!

Soldato
Cool, thank you for the weblink too doyll. Was trying one earlier and it wasn't displaying properly then had to go to football!.

Think I might make up some pads out of some rubber because I won't be installing everything until after christmas, due to them meant to be presents haha. Just wanted to make sure I had everything needed with the heatsink and it looks like I do. Happy man now :)

Glad the cap isn't needed too. I'm just guessing the person who had it before rushed when attempting to put it on im finding TIM in random as hell places haha. Think I'll clean it up tomorrow and show you the difference.

Thank you both for all your help it's really appreciated!

The original owner was a ****. I mean, what a mess. How hard is it to clean up the paste and include all the bits, unless he completely destroyed them.

Hope it all works well. Do take your time with the fan, as it's a PITA to clip in place. Not sure about the plastic square bit in the middle.

Associate
OP
Haha I know that's exactly what I was thinking! I could be wrong but it looks like the previous person put way too much TIM on I thought it was only meant to be pea sized to give an even spread?

Had a couple of practice goes with the fan and think I've got it......just about!. Now just to wait until after Christmas to fit all my parts in the new 690 case. In the mean time I may also buy some blue braid and try braiding my cables. Go for a blue/black/white colour scheme to try match the PCB on the Giga board and card.

Soldato
However have just found this picture so could be wrong?

f5b83c9e_vbattach225690.jpg

Could you tell me where you found this picture. Assume it wasn't photobucket

Associate
OP
No problemo, must have missed your post Friday night.

Might be worth trying the bay but I had a quick look around for a bracket for sale when I received it and didn't find one :(

Soldato
I got the last 2 HR-02's when they dropped to 12 quid each. Son-out-law needs a cooler and I have X58A-UD3R/920 setting I can build up with other. Just hope all the bits come with...

Will be delivered tomorrow so will know then.

Soldato
Thanks for reminding me to reply. Sorry kinda busy this time of year.

Came with everything. Neither have ever been installed (stick is till on bottom) and one hasn't even had the installation bag opened. Other one has been opened and corner triangles are on cooler but all is complete.

Included mount allows any direction mounting with Intel but only front/back with AMD.

Need a long #1 philips screwdriver or 5.5mm socket with 6" extension to reach back mounting screw. Magnetic would be best.

Thinking about putting one on my system and see how it does.

Edit: Have you installed yours yet?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
No problem, busy time of year for everyone :p

Oh man, so by the sounds of it yours came in better condition than mine haha for half the price of mine too!!

Mines not on just yet, it's under the tree with my case too :( so tempting.....

Ordered some light blue braiding today from a certain auction site, bargain!

Soldato
Eat your heart out mate. :D

Make sure you have a #1 phillips screwdriver with at least 6" of shaft or 5.5mm magnetic socket and 6" extension or you will be cursing a blue streak trying to get the crossbar screw under cooler in. ;)

I'm hoping to mount up one in the next day or so and see what it does. Will test it against my TC14PE for a comparison.

Associate
OP
Also, without starting a new thread, do you know how I am able to control my case fan speeds?.

I've got 3 case fans, one front, one side and one rear plus the heatsink fan. One is plugged in via a molex connector 2 on the mobo via a splitter and the cpu fan on mobo too.

Will I need a controller or is there a cheaper option?

Back
Top Bottom