Just bought some BOSE 301 MKII Speakers? have some questions

Soldato
OP
Well they just arrived like 5 mins ago. unwrapped them pluged them in and OH MY GOD they are LOUD.a dn to be honest i dont think they sound too bad at all. i have them on the floor at the minute. i need to mount them on something to hear the real effect. i will do this soon and get back to you.

EDIT: there is SOME quality increase over my Acoustic Solutions but not a great deal. im only playing MP3's at the moment. i'll try some dvd audio later. the bass is actually very good. thats because ive went from 2 1/2" drivers to 8".

the direct reflecting tweeters are great. really does give a "wider" stereo image. but im not going to be able to put them where i wanted. there just too big.

i'll have to do some thinking. see wether or not i can keep them. dont know if there really practical.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The space arround the speakers will be filled in at a later date. waiting on some supplies. i will be surrounding the holes with the same edging that the AV hole has. i think i will look rather nice when its done.

Thanks for looking.

Soldato
mc_bob said:
I heard those small cabinet systems and they sounded really good, hit the highs and lows.

:eek:

Those wave radio/cd's dont know the MEANING of LOWs!!! I bought one and it sure the sound 'filled the room' but there was no oomph, 15 mins after unpacking I was on the phone to Bose, the next week they took that peice of crap back!

In the end I bought the Creative Soundworks Radio, 10 times better! (at half the price!)

Soldato
OP
sound is amazing. the bass these speakers produce is just so punchy and clear. its great. there good for movies too. the direcrt reflecting tweeters help a lot. filling the front wall with a "stereo image" of sound. i just need to upgrade the rest of my speakers now.

my old speakers were 7W im still using these as rears and as a centre till i can afford to replace them. but overall im really happy with them. they are the best speakers ive ever owned for sure.. but saying that im only 18 and as of lastweek have no job :mad:

i'll post some more pics when i have them sat properly, and the gaps filled. which are getting done today. hopefully i'll be able to re-paint the wall today too. Thanks for comments!

Back
Top Bottom