The ROG Rampage V Edition 10 Owners Thread

Associate
Guys,
anyone else having issues with Sonic Studio control panel not opening up ? Seems there's a few references to it on the ROG forums across a variety of motherboards ever sice the Anniversary Update to Windows 10.
Verified it was working with an older build, but now seems to have issues once Windows was updated. Some have had some success with uninstalls and reinstalls but no answer seems 100% effective.

Looks like some of this is related to the DAC included with the board ever since the Anniversary Update to Windows 10 1607
Numerous reports of people having issues with both the DAC and Sonic Studio - the SS issue can be solved by disabling the SupremeFX Hi-fi in Device Manager, which should allow for the launcher to be opened.
Some people having no issues, some having problems etc - definitely something ASUS have to look at.

Might just scrap the onboard audio experiment, and go back to the Xonar.

Man of Honour
OP
I have an unknown device showing up in device manger:

Hardware IDs: ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_3510

It happens to be Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 which I missed in Utilities.

Associate
Amazing pictures by Malik!

Guys I am considering investing in this motherboard, however I've got some
questions:

Is it likely that top tier processors released by Intel in the next 2 or 3 years will be
compatible with this motherboard?

I'm thinking about pairing this motherboard with a 6950x but I will never go SLI.
Does it make sense to buy this motherboard in that case?

If not, which one would you recommend?

Thanks

OcUK Staff
Newer X platform CPU will not use this socket no.

Depends on your uses for the pc if u need 6950 or not. If your mainly or exclusively gaming 6800k is just as good.

If rendering etc is high priority to u then 6950X helps in these multi threaded tasks.

OcUK Staff

Depends on your uses for the pc if u need 6950 or not. If your mainly or exclusively gaming 6800k is just as good.

If rendering etc is high priority to u then 6950X helps in these multi threaded tasks.

Associate

Thanks for the advice. :)

Associate
I'm thinking about pairing this motherboard with a 6950x but I will never go SLI.
Does it make sense to buy this motherboard in that case?

If you just use your system for gaming and general PC stuff you would be better off with an i7-6700K and a Z170 motherboard. If you'll never go SLI you should consider a MATX Z170.

Spend the change on a better GPU and a M.2 drive.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the help guys.

I do heavy numerical computing work. I've decided to go with the 6850k instead and this motherboard. One last question:

I'm thinking of fitting it in the Corsair Carbide 600c. The case officially supports EATX motherboards but the motherboard specs are 12" x 10.7". The case states EATX 12" x 10.6".

Would this be an issue?

Man of Honour
OP
@Cosimo - do you have a build log? Love to see more pics of your build buddy

Sorry for the delay, trying to get the SupremeFX Hi-FI DAC to work!

The beast:

fKY5QtZ.jpg bPZcNvy.jpg

i7-6950X
Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG Edition 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
Nvidia Titan X (Pascal)

Sound Blaster Z
SupremeFX Hi-Fi DAC

2 - Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD
1 - OCZ Vertex 4 512GB SSD
1 - Caviar Black 3TB HD
1 - Pioneer BDR-S08XLT Blu-ray Writer

1 - EK Water Blocks Predator 360 (3 x EK-Vardar fans)
1 - Corsair ML140 Pro 140mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Fan
3 - Corsair ML120 Pro 120mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Fan
1 - Scythe Kaze Master Pro Case Fan Controller

Corsair AX1200i Digital PSU
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case

Unfinished at the moment as still deciding on how to cool the Titan and have another three EK-Vardar fans to the 360.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
SupremeFX Hi-Fi DAC now working with the driver link I posted above:

xvEEoLb.jpg

Run the Asus setup exe. Initially I had no sound but quite a few turns on the DAC volume control and it came to life.

Associate
Good to hear Cosimo.......won't be trying it until later in the weekend, but can you verify that Sonic Studio launcher works as well with the onboard audio ?
That was another issue that the DAC problem was the root cause of. No bother if not using the onboard - now that it's working, its best not to mess with it !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom