PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
We think they have as based on Microsoft last few years what they say and do end up being vastly different plus I find it hard to belive they can do 4k gaming and keep price reasonable when a 1080 alone is 700 quid. I think Sony is pushing vr more than anything and 4k isn't there end game. If they push vr like they did blu ray I can see that taking off quicker than 4k gaming will

Yeh this is true, but with Scorpio potentially partnering up with Oculus VR, that would be perfect. Especially for the PC player that wants VR on PC as well.

The Scorpio is probably going to be around £699 if they use the same price premium as they do with the Elite controller.

Geez, I hope not, the £400 price point might be a pipe dream however.

Soldato
If you believe what the press are saying, they're busy scrambling around in the background trying to find a way to compete with Scorpio.

It's looking like Microsoft have suckerpunched Sony on the spec front this time round.

The whole Scorpio reveal seemed entirely reactionary to what Sony are doing with the Neo; if anything it seems like Microsoft were caught off guard and felt the need to announce something, I can't see why else they would announce it over 1.5 years before they plan to release it. Scorpio is just a piece of paper at the moment right, there's no indication that any sort of prototype actually exists right now? It will be interesting to see how close it actually ends up being to the spec they're targeting and how much it will cost.

Soldato
Scorpio is basically the pull out the air spec for the next Xbox, it's not a mid gen upgrade.. Getting that performance at the price point it needs to be is a stretch 2/3yrs out never mind 1.5yrs. They reacted to Sony, Hell Sony haven't even announced any actual new specs at all yet, just admitted it existed.

All sorts could change, especially now they know MS basically have Jack all. (Just hope arrogant Sony don't turn up)

Soldato
Announce the thing already! Haha, got rid of my other PS4 a while back.
Seriously though I'm happy if they take their time and release it on par with Scorpio

Caporegime
57 hours to go. I'm way overhyped - I can't help but think I'm going to be disappointed. I'm probably expecting too much from the Neo. I hope it's not just going to be identical-looking games running at 4K.

Soldato
57 hours to go. I'm way overhyped - I can't help but think I'm going to be disappointed. I'm probably expecting too much from the Neo. I hope it's not just going to be identical-looking games running at 4K.

of course it will be just that plus vr support:)

Caporegime
OP

It's not. I think people are going to be very disappointed with what they announce (unless they have changed it massively to coming next year {which I highly doubt[because people will be even more disappointed with that]}in response to MS with Scorpio).

Of course I could be wrong and it will indeed be an amazing thing, but I just don't see it, because they want this and the PS4 to co-exist, so they can't blow the PS4 out the water otherwise that's not going to happen.

It will certainly be an interesting reveal and the messaging has to be 100& on point and clear. The last tthing they want is the Xbox One reveal level of confusion afterwards and having to spend days actually answering questions of ifs and buts to press.

Caporegime
It's just frustrating that we know what the specs are likely to be but not one single dev has leaked anything about it - how they are using the extra power, etc. Maybe they've not even got dev kits yet?

Caporegime
OP
I imagine they are in a bit of a quandary as to what to actually do with the extra power at the moment.

I also fear people expecting 1080p 60FPS in games like BF1/a retro patch to GTA V will be disappointed, there will be massive backlash of "that's it" I think towards this.

Caporegime
I also fear people expecting 1080p 60FPS in games like BF1/a retro patch to GTA V will be disappointed, there will be massive backlash of "that's it" I think towards this.

Oh crikey. That's the bare minimum I'm expecting - a lot of patches to improve the existing catalogue. I'll be gutted if they don't patch things like Assassin's Creed or Sleeping Dogs which run a bit janky. Might end up doing what Andrew House specifically doesn't want - get a PC.

Caporegime
OP
I would not expect a huge launch of old game patches at all, that is just going to lead to disappointment, maybe some games like Bloodborne/Driveclub (I find this very doubtful)/UC4 etc may have improvement patches, but I don't see it reaching those performance levels, at least not consistently (which IMHO it should to be a worthy upgrade).

Soldato
What they need to do is what Microsoft have done with the One S; make it so that the increased performance is available all the time so that older games which ran dynamic resolutions or frame rates get a 'free' boost without having to be explicitly patched to take advantage of the new spec.

Back
Top Bottom