Save the NHS!

Soldato
And a fantastic interview of Jeremy Hunt on the Andrew Marr show - well worth a watch!

The bit where Andrew Marr reads out the doctors letters and Jeremy Hunt's reaction is great, like he can't deal with reality or know how to respond and then defaults back to his "This is irresponsible of the BMA" line.

Talk now of Hunt imposing the new contract over the next few weeks....

Soldato
We relied on the NHS last weekend when my daughter was very ill, thankfully she is OK now, in no small part that's thanks to the highly professional teams in the NHS that looked after her.

Jeremy Hunt in that interview, shows exactly why we need to protect the NHS from career politicians, who know nothing about the organisations they are supposed to support (not destroy).

Soldato
The trouble with the nuclear option is MAD

I think the junior doctors should work to rule if he announces that. See how well the NHS runs without juniors staying hours after their contracted hours for free, and also show what the effects already are of understaffed hospitals, let alone with more thinning of the workforce.

The strike actions have been pitiful due to fears of actually having an effect and souring public opinion. The last 48 hour strike should have gone ahead; Hunt is just stalling to try and get through the winter period, more disruption (rather than just publicity from ineffectual action) is needed.

Associate
Whatever happens I just hope it makes the conservatives unelectable and whatever replaces them care more about the NHS, seeing as these things tend towards the mean over time and we're currently on the extreme, I imagine the future is more positive than where we currently find ourselves.

Soldato
Whatever happens I just hope it makes the conservatives unelectable and whatever replaces them care more about the NHS, seeing as these things tend towards the mean over time and we're currently on the extreme, I imagine the future is more positive than where we currently find ourselves.

I think labour would need to get rid of Corbyn for that to happen. Corbyn being so extreme and unelectable gives the Tories carte Blanche in their minds to do what they want without worrying they'll get voted out as a result.

Soldato

Labour would need to ditch Corbyn and move back towards the centre to be even remotely electable.

Soldato
I think labour would need to get rid of Corbyn for that to happen. Corbyn being so extreme and unelectable gives the Tories carte Blanche in their minds to do what they want without worrying they'll get voted out as a result.

I'll take a wait an see how far they go over 5 years, Corbyn may be sitting pretty if the tories go further downhill with austerity for everyone but the mega rich!

Back
Top Bottom