*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Associate
Just had my Samsung ordered phone replaced, courier had a pickup order but I didn't have the thing packed, thinking he would have a pre-labelled bag.

Took the phone packaging out of the shipping bag and box and put my duff one in there and taped it up.

Man of Honour
OP
Just had my Samsung ordered phone replaced, courier had a pickup order but I didn't have the thing packed, thinking he would have a pre-labelled bag.

Took the phone packaging out of the shipping bag and box and put my duff one in there and taped it up.

Was this a Samsung ordered phone, which courier?

Associate
I had UKMail delivered my replacement Note 7 today, they picked up the old one too so luck I had already wiped it in anticipation.

I was hoping to get a free 'spare' but it was not to be.

Last edited:
Soldato
UKMail have been a pain for me... twice now they have gone to the back of the office where the loading bay is and left as there was no phone to collect. I had told Samsung as well as UKMail to come to the main reception and call me when they were there.

Had a rant to UKMail on Twitter today and to their Executive Team... got a pre 10:30am delivery and collection for tomorrow.

Phone is wiped, boxed and in a padded envelope. I am assuming they will label it up and give me a receipt?

Associate
They apparently have a bag/box to put it in, it didn't when they dropped my replacement off so I just handed the old one to the guy.

I asked about the receipt but its classed as a swap rather than a delivery or collection, he showed me on his handheld device as I was a bit dubious about it. Therefore there is no receipt, you just have to sign the handheld thingy to confirm a swap rather than just a delivery.

Man of Honour
OP
UKMail have been a pain for me... twice now they have gone to the back of the office where the loading bay is and left as there was no phone to collect. I had told Samsung as well as UKMail to come to the main reception and call me when they were there.

Had a rant to UKMail on Twitter today and to their Executive Team... got a pre 10:30am delivery and collection for tomorrow.

Phone is wiped, boxed and in a padded envelope. I am assuming they will label it up and give me a receipt?

Are just returning the phone and keeping all the accessories?

Soldato
They apparently have a bag/box to put it in, it didn't when they dropped my replacement off so I just handed the old one to the guy.

I asked about the receipt but its classed as a swap rather than a delivery or collection, he showed me on his handheld device as I was a bit dubious about it. Therefore there is no receipt, you just have to sign the handheld thingy to confirm a swap rather than just a delivery.

What could/would Samsung do if someone put another random phone in there? I have one of the original XDAs lying around so could send one of those off instead lol.

Are just returning the phone and keeping all the accessories?

That is what I was told to do, so in the box is just the phone itself :)

Soldato
What could/would Samsung do if someone put another random phone in there? I have one of the original XDAs lying around so could send one of those off instead lol.

That is what I was told to do, so in the box is just the phone itself :)

I've got an old Nokia 3210 (still working) should pop that in the box :p

I've been using all accessories from my 1st batch anyway

I was in need of a spare charger for my Samsung wireless charging pad ;)

Don
CPW were initially going to just swap the handset but I inisisted on a full swap - luckily they didn't check my box as I'd cleared out the accessories. I was going to try my luck with the s pen too but bottled it.

Soldato
Wahey, finally got some joy with CPW (pre ordered on 17th aug and was promised it but general consensus was I'd not get one) they have given me credit to get my gear vr in-store and will get my note7 swapped Monday/Tuesday all being well.

Back
Top Bottom