*NEW* 2015 Dell Inspiron 15 - 7559, i7 6700HQ/GTX960M owners thread

Associate
mines on ordered arrives 22nd apparently! can't wait ha! :) paid £674 and even convinced the mother to throw £150 towards it as an early birthday gift for her 22 year old son ;) so costing me peanuts, already got the crucial 8gb ddr3l stick on order, arriving before the laptop, got my 1TB samsung 850 evo ready to slot into it instead of buying an m2 card, and yeah very happy and waiting! :D

Soldato
mines on ordered arrives 22nd apparently! can't wait ha! :) paid £674 and even convinced the mother to throw £150 towards it as an early birthday gift for her 22 year old son ;) so costing me peanuts, already got the crucial 8gb ddr3l stick on order, arriving before the laptop, got my 1TB samsung 850 evo ready to slot into it instead of buying an m2 card, and yeah very happy and waiting! :D
But it's not going to be a simple case of slotting in your 1TB Samsung 850 SSD though...you'd have to clone the OS (and other things) from the existing SSHD first :p

Soldato
All in all this is good news, competition on useable 15" gaming laptops under £1k sound perfect.

I must admit my Samsung Gamer 7 is still rocking on, i7-2670QM, Radeon HD 6970M and a beautiful bright 120Hz 1080p 17" 3D screen. Plays Diablo, StarCraft 2 and even Battlefield with reasonable settings.

Its heavy though! :)

PS: Moogleys - the LG TV is still kicking a** ;) !

Just seen this... Glad the TV is serving you well... :)

I also now have one of these on order after I managed to shatter the screen on the kids laptop dropping from a bunk bed....

Last edited:
Soldato
But it's not going to be a simple case of slotting in your 1TB Samsung 850 SSD though...you'd have to clone the OS (and other things) from the existing SSHD first :p

I would just activate the machine then download the Win 10 home iOS and do a fresh install tbh.

You could clone the drive using a USB caddy if you wanted.

Soldato
I'm moving shortly and won't have an office for my rig so this is looking like a powerful yet good value option to go for, I have a 240gb Evo in the rig I can pop in just need to grab another stick of ram ...

My last XPS ran loud and hot, what's the cooling like on these now?

Thanks

Soldato
Wow! Stumbled across this thread by accident. Was going to save up for the Asus 752 as there were no decent affordable 15" laptops about, but this fits my budget and requirements perfectly. I'll be pulling the trigger after tea!

This is a great machine but not a patch on the 752 but it is well over half the price....

Associate
Mines pencilled in as having a delivery date of the 23rd February apparently, the current status according to the tracking is "in production" - impressive lol. In a way it's good to see that they built to order so to speak.

I've also today ordered an extra stick of 8GB RAM (Kingston HyperX DDR3L), a Samsung 250GB M2 EVO & a new better WiFi card as recommended on here and elsewhere - so I should be pretty much ready to go once everything arrives!

Liam.

Soldato
Mines pencilled in as having a delivery date of the 23rd February apparently, the current status according to the tracking is "in production" - impressive lol. In a way it's good to see that they built to order so to speak.

I've also today ordered an extra stick of 8GB RAM (Kingston HyperX DDR3L), a Samsung 250GB M2 EVO & a new better WiFi card as recommended on here and elsewhere - so I should be pretty much ready to go once everything arrives!

Liam.

I ordered mine this morning and it says delivery 23rd Feb and in production.

Associate
I would just activate the machine then download the Win 10 home iOS and do a fresh install tbh.

You could clone the drive using a USB caddy if you wanted.

my 850's already in a caddy as previously mentioned its been used as a spare external on my xbox one for a month or two hah so atleast now ive got a proper use for it and will just clone the SSHD over to it, then put the SSHD in the caddy as an external, ive already replaced my SSD on the xbox one with a 2tb samsung drive and a collective minds enclosure for the box so thats still going to run decently for the amount I use it :)

Associate

Interesting

Liam.

I was going to purchase this RAM but if i did was just going to order both 8GB sticks at £65, in the end opted to just buy a crucial 8GB 1600mhz DDR3L stick as reccomended above for the £30

what wifi card did you buy? considering buying one of these before the laptop arrives, did you buy the killer 1535?

I found a link for one in the 'rainforest' but wasn't sure whether to pull the trigger or not, I would have just got an M2 but thought since I had my evo only being used on an xbox it was more sensible to save the money and reuse this and just stick a 2TB on my xbox!

I ordered mine this morning and it says delivery 23rd Feb and in production.

ahhh moogs you ordered one for yourself now!? YEY :)
ive got my crucial stick ready to go in, my SSD ready to plug in, clone then switch places with the HD!
yeah mine's coming the 22nd hoping to be very happy with it!

Soldato
ahhh moogs you ordered one for yourself now!? YEY
ive got my crucial stick ready to go in, my SSD ready to plug in, clone then switch places with the HD!
yeah mine's coming the 22nd hoping to be very happy with it!

For the kids mate I destroyed their G551 so this is a good replacement. I have my G752 :)

Associate
For the kids mate I destroyed their G551 so this is a good replacement. I have my G752 :)

Lucky kids :D

Mines been amazing over the last 3 months, such a good purchase. I bought it for a bit of gaming whilst working away but ive found its replaced using ipad at home and unless I want the comfort of a desk to game I rarely switch on my desktop now! If I do sit at the desk I have the Dell up there too playing music and browsing as a seconds screen ;)

I recently spent a week in the UK with it, hot spotted off my 4g phone connection and it just worked as a mobile gaming rig. Plenty of FPS although I did take a nice gaming mouse with me.

I have the BOE screen, but I dont have any complaints with that either. It's bright enough for me, viewing angles are good and colours are fine.

Matt

Associate
what wifi card did you buy? considering buying one of these before the laptop arrives, did you buy the killer 1535?

Correct mate :) I ordered mine off the bay for £30.00 brand new delivered (it is originally priced as £32.99 buy it now or best offer). Out of interest where did you purchase your Crucial 8GB DDR3L stick from? I tried searching the bay / elsewhere for one originally as well but the only one I found listed was the one which is linked to Mac's which is not a problem but there was no mention of it being a DDR3L variant :(

Liam.

Last edited:
Associate
What's up with the wireless ? I read the latest drivers makes it work ok....

A lot of owners online have reported that the Intel WiFi card Dell supply in this model is at most average and doesn't have good coverage as a result, apparently the same card is featured in older models as well.

Liam.

Soldato
Mine has shipped. It says "info to track your order will appear in the next 7-12 days" where the hell are they shipping it from ? I presume it's been sent by land camal to take that long.

I wish I had ordered it from a 3rd party seller now tbh and just paid the extra £50....

Back
Top Bottom