Road Cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Good shout, although only knowing some of Worcesters roads I'd avoid riding through it at any kind of busy point of the day... On a broader look you're only hitting the middle of Worcester due to your turn East after Great Witley. You could come to Martley then turn along the B4204 which would open up options to cut south before Worcester. The 'ring road' (A4440) is busy and dual lane in places but I'm fairly sure there's a cycle path along much of the side of it? I've seen people riding/running it. Can you confirm what it's like Nursie? You'd get the benefits of the bridges without the traffic...

Much of the Worcester ringroad has been redeveloped to make it dual lane, but guys cycle it as I found some on street view (looking lost) when trying to see if Googlemaps had the development finished lol

You can ride alongside part of the link road. Parts of it are designated cycle paths, the bit by the new dual carriageway certainly is. The rest might just be a footpath, though you'd be unlikely to see any pedestrians on it.

Cycle path I suggested is now back under water. As the river levels are rising again.

Soldato
I don't see why. Only takes two minutes to look up an exploded view.

Just today I got a sora 3500 cover in for a guy at £5. Put it on for him too as I'm nice like that.

Soldato
I don't see why. Only takes two minutes to look up an exploded view.

Just today I got a sora 3500 cover in for a guy at £5. Put it on for him too as I'm nice like that.

I just popped in said can you get an rs685 hood. Heard some mutterings and madison, came back with the price and said they'd get it in next week.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bib budget, anything from £60 to around £200. I'm willing to pay for good quality.

Rapha, Assos if you have that budget, I have taken that as per set of shorts btw!

As above, Rapha and Assos (maybe even Alé). Higher end Castelli and Sportful are also all well recommended. Although the pads in shorts is really a rider thing, find a pad which suits your body/arse shape.

I tried DHB, Santini, Northwave and Altura before I eventually nabbed some Castelli Evoluzione in a sale, finding them loads better. My budget was below your lowest. Now after some long rides in the Evoluzione (KISS pad) and getting some occasional rubbing I've decided they're not an 'all day' short for me. Perfect for 99% of my riding. Sportful Fiandre NoRain (Total Comfort Pro pad) are a more recent one for me and I'm finding them good, have not done a 3+ hour ride in them yet but I imagine they're going to be better than the Evoluzione.

Just deal with it!

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/shimano-...-and-fixing-screws-right-y01f98030-prod37223/
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/shimano-...e-and-fixing-screws-left-y01g98030-prod37228/

No bike for me so far this year, off next week so hopefully try to start before the bundy starts when the clocks go back. :o

Legend! Do a search for your 6800 on there jan and you should find them :)

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/shimano-...d-fixing-screw-left-hand-y00f98020-prod35165/
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/shimano-...-fixing-screw-right-hand-y00e98020-prod35160/

Sjs are like magic for random nick nacky bits. The reflector on my Sks chromoplastics got all broken and rattly and I wanted to replace it. I spent ages searching around for a suitable replacement before I remembered sjs and found exactly the part I need.

Yeah, I'd always used CRC for 'bits' before but the amount of stuff on SJS really makes me think I should be going there... 'Need' so many things! This could be an expensive exercise! lol ;)

Soldato
The pad is only part of the problem, it's also how it is set up with the rest of the bib. The Assos and Rapha pads are very similar but there is a noticable difference in how they "feel". I'm going to order a shed load of stuff from wiggle today and pick my best of the bunch.

Soldato
The pad is only part of the problem, it's also how it is set up with the rest of the bib. The Assos and Rapha pads are very similar but there is a noticable difference in how they "feel". I'm going to order a shed load of stuff from wiggle today and pick my best of the bunch.

Hmm true. That is a problem.

What is Wiggle's (and other's) return policy like for bib shorts? And has anyone bought Cafe du Cycliste shorts? Or Chapeau?

Soldato
Hmm true. That is a problem.

What is Wiggle's (and other's) return policy like for bib shorts? And has anyone bought Cafe du Cycliste shorts? Or Chapeau?

Wiggle fine! done it before, which is what I'm going to do today. Bib shorts aren't considered underwear so don't have restrictions like pants.

Soldato
Associate
Cheapest place to get some legit Shimano 6800 gear cables and housing?
Tried using lifeline essential (fine with my 5800), but cannot get smooth shifting across the cog with this....buy cheap, buy twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom