OcUK First Project build

Soldato
Well, you can easy tell that by holding up one of your GPU plates against the purple and watching onlookers' expression :D

Parvum take a day or two to respond to email - I would assume because they're busy cutting acrylic - but they do come back to you and they seem very helpful so far.
You could always do a reverse OCUK run: London to OCUK and back the day before a LAN party :rolleyes: *cough* :D

Associate
OP
So heres the two colours side by side, and I think it looks pretty joker!!! This is not the rad im using its just a quick spray job on a spare rad to test the colours.

y3mXzdqHBTLUZ8OqmUML6Lhtw5sIFM3g1OjiFtPdjOnyuMf7ZcS0qPMeVNaYZi0Hnzny6WPOhsHJfgouHLneXfDuUbjcQUx2M8LZkjxFMTjCeEwouVb_MHNGKNS980znu2LdNqXACK8Ek-KF2BHcOzT7kf8w-s4tOCVM8S7Mh02fDQ

Associate
OP
So yeah Jared Leto's Joker is going to be the main event with a slight hint of the riddler. going to attempt to get a vinyl like the picture below to put on the case or on the inside of the case.

So if anyone can give me any recommendations of good vinyl/decal producing companies that would be able to do this would be great.

Let me know what you think of the picture :D

y3mVg-MJCLUrjohx3JAPavH2V1TXCyUSMOLSbnObSLiTx-Hf-lAE3ME1kkviu65Dxcpu6CPlv6DUCAtxuousybPvsp8FELj8xBUjFz0ZJisBt7PKh-kBCSszDkwm58H7HoFM9PjyZWTTWWZQ13IN51qSXFp4YDOdgUCAmzRVaSZCzY

Associate
OP
So spent a fair bit of money last night on components for my project! CPU i7 5930k costing £400 and a gigabyte soc champion motherboard costing £140 to be fair the board was at a discounted price from a friend at OcUK HQ

Next step get water cooling parts

Slowly coming together now

Associate
OP
Yeah they work better than what I expected, just thinking do I replace the red top panel that come with the case but then I will just have a red strip running across the top of the case!

Associate
OP
Today has been a eventful day. I've been very productive....as the images will show below

y3mKDhvW_QSU8O02XU6W_lyQdKleXGaM-af-mcssh5Mh6Ha2n5OJHHADcNSCJ-dN4BZHRBnhdcFM3yrWs7rwP69ryI_3nkwepJMZTYW1W5OCkS7P7cxsSd807FHvfGgeKytaWRQrXV6dcSSP69r9OmOBSRuyO72465RYDP6MCVQAFA

I think the purple works really well and compliments the green used. The purple matches the accent panels on the case.

y3mLcNnLW53hHwKlF_1eoFZvzYjkiZ096ZMi7gKzOZ4yLmjSa5DyzwYXHy8RF1L-T5w8BvCNR_JYzbdRE1fw5bZFljkNDm8xxQ-7UoGpzQkh7zw9iIvMFTlyhsX7dXJYqVssCi8vRCAdA1Qe5mO-Q55vRbOB_5lO6Ew4EoQcjo8qPI

I purchased some green fittings a while back which came in handy when finishing the radiator.

y3met5UxHkbWcnvugEhEAfxiiwEPwsYxIIRnFHW5JF_f-Q7MOaZa7UUokMpgoXRc_gfgaK5bqNjoBwZ3icQjTddCrVe2cQ3pETmc8jy9-IeE2_m-1XAY4ASqAeTR3-4fFA8M2ToMUBdkhrgzICCE3jL0dAirrl6ctf-qNhz1CYTOco

I chose Corsair SP 120mm fans to attach to the radiator this is because of the interchangeable rings. I had to spray the white ring green to get the affect i was after.

y3mxuxBpmzIAXxIXw3xqNGa57L9ItQjyN9DXjTm61r3R91vzup7ycxI_7YpiCyY6uS7LiGg_MOe4C7eThF0ElT27qz6k4GUcG5Q9ysbehfneJ5UMgsjomD0wWyMBEBOHQWemKXwWSEFX5HP9e8RWikZYCEjRPTZoj12-aj4a8WTFw4

The finished product.....I think the colour contrast works really with the purple and the green and I beleive you can easily spot the theme. next step is to peal off the Corsair stickers and put Ha Ha ha on each of the fans to complete it.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK :D

Last edited:
Soldato
The workmanship looks good, I'm just not keen on the colour scheme myself. It's far from being a bad thing though; you need to worry if I think the colours are good ;) I still long for the days you could get cases in any colour you like as long as it was beige :p

The "Ha Ha Ha" stickers: Is that one "Ha" per fan or three? Just a thought. Also, as soon as they spin you won't be able to see what it says - which I know is par for the course but is there anything you could put on them that would start working when the fan spins? Some sort of relevant design (and that's the hard bit) that completes by being spun. eg. If you put blobs of colour on and spin it, you'll get coloured circles.

Alternatively, do any of the LED lighting options strobe at all? I don't mean like a disco strobe but a lot of the cheaper household LED bulbs flicker if your eyes are sensitive to it - presumably at 60Hz but car lights often do the same. If there's a level of flicker, could you adjust the fan speed so that the logo appears either static or moving slowly? Bit off the wall but could look good if it worked. Maybe a slowly spinning Bat logo?

Last edited:
Associate
Looking forward to following this one. I have just ordered my own Parvum L1 case so looking forward to getting started on a similar project. Sadly the wife vetoed the bright colours I was looking at so my build will be a bit more restrained. Good luck with the build, will follow closely.

Associate
OP
Todays progress has been very colourful as you will soon see, included buying more fans and spraying the rings, and also attaching two of the rads to the bottom of the case

y3mFTVOpgz8Y230BQ0l-LyJGZQ-Wb4SDRfgx7neEc58BQ-4jqlh4FgETZeYCe_kU0cZ5L2bDABc_U6l0AtJ1CjlEMvlNwiEkcv1vm6z0yEK2m3DKLx_uN0Keqwfu8L-0goVWS_9PDLnXIzdMyDVN6vGPrBahz3f_3-VGBJh1EgkkeQ

y3mn_-6-YOyt6lswMB32A6AusPOHDaOoLcoe1wNNAA9DN4y3pPgyfu8k8cPYFb93YWp6XLTs7PA_6nodQLMKAxFzKHFuBABKRGTbnsds2THrW61TcPJNUZLdwtWa1hJL7euWpBJ1VgTGxCFJZL0GHIIa3m25n4524ZxTeKzB66bn8I

y3mRSUb6nMeb5DWePSayVF8kds_9DYttnT1Ju_P1jnHkkAeAtwOtazmCkLKE0p1OIXh0CbMrWcFhuc4K8OHevsdVtXwbKSQ_-sYiDbts5QhM0nZyEnWn2eeEPAq1GlhCHkafM_saWT3J7KuqxJBpyzFTN_l--0D4ut2ZACOeRL88HA

the image above shows the rads fitted with fans attached only put one image up as its exactly the same but just different colours.....

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK :D

Back
Top Bottom