OcUK First Project build

Associate
OP
Looking forward to following this one. I have just ordered my own Parvum L1 case so looking forward to getting started on a similar project. Sadly the wife vetoed the bright colours I was looking at so my build will be a bit more restrained. Good luck with the build, will follow closely.

The case is really nice to build in although a little bit of a pain just make sure you have your components ready to go in as you build the case up! In regards to a colour scheme you need to get yourself a man cave so you can pick whatever colour you like.......the bright her the better :D

Associate
The case is really nice to build in although a little bit of a pain just make sure you have your components ready to go in as you build the case up! In regards to a colour scheme you need to get yourself a man cave so you can pick whatever colour you like.......the bright her the better :D

Thanks for the advice, I was holding off on ordering components until the case arrived. Suppose it's safe to start ordering radiators etc now. With the fans fitted inside the lower compartment how much space is left for radiators? I was expecting I would have to fit the lower fans on the outside of the lower compartment to save space for the radiators inside but I notice you have fitted the fans inside from your photos.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice, I was holding off on ordering components until the case arrived. Suppose it's safe to start ordering radiators etc now. With the fans fitted inside the lower compartment how much space is left for radiators? I was expecting I would have to fit the lower fans on the outside of the lower compartment to save space for the radiators inside but I notice you have fitted the fans inside from your photos.

The image below shows how much space there is on the inside when the two rads and fans are either side......The fans can properly be screwed in from the outside if you have long enough screws, but there is a recess on the plastic where the fans screw in so I'm guessing the fans need to be put on the inside and then mounted to the rad.

y3m41L8_viraJuoPmd-tNGRLKQPqM6L1C1G3aOmIKiwf7bkYmUcfITnzz3q_65L4LXzbhttw32XjC2FLJx9UCaeczm_f7CXDmdA04IdHKF9RmS60__R6mXJuMwUQOsNrmEE8Ap-a1ALRP3ZXrM_bxDCfKQgsteaOe4YT2sGM9goQGk

I hope this helps, I struggle explaining things sometimes :D

Associate
OP
So more work has been done on this joker build......Both tube resevoirs mounted one next to the motherboard (when i put it in) and one mounted to the back of the fans at the front of the case.

y3mQaU-oDNseAPWqilYJk59YiM84Gkmo7zbEpSt8zObMl_KXwMKwSsOBcTmZcY4PR6tVW7bF2OFGu2XuLCbLmPI5o4OXXYZu2G0nVTxsgFGQVTuz31ws8rXGtDgmkHAuYHzjqgifHB6s1pn_W78fb8aMUlZWUGuqLN9axw8sVI16f4

Also I also placed both pumps in rough locations. one facing the clear window and also one is underneath the front of the case....hopefully this will connect easily to the 250mm tube reservoir.

As you can see on the pump I've alternated the colours just to mix it up a bit.

y3mvgupbpEn1ZYwjYQZmlGYXd0gG02tyJJ1F2OqbIgToab5V33XV03cUhppszn6D8LBmxqhrqeFXjxNXHpxEr3yUjSKrS5xs3Nwbqpa0iQFHwl0moLUZae0URgwLVfgZi_9BRq6V18ohGZDfVzvZG-gO7__fISB5GmNvZ0ZYMPeIWg

Associate
Thanks for the photo of the lower compartment, has helped with planning for my build. It's much easier to see from an image than trying to picture in my head. The green is starting to grow on me too, reminds me of my old motorbike.

Associate
OP
So today has been a bit of a slow day haven't had much to do really except planning for the next stage which is tubing.....after i manage to get my top panel sorted (Thanks Parvum and 8 Pack for sorting this out for me) and getting a radiator which needs painting and buying fans for it. -_- spending all them pennies (Any donations welcome hahaha)

One thing i did manage to do was fit in the motherboard a gigabyte SOC champion, I'm fully aware of the colour of it but do not fear.....parts are going to be sprayed/painted green and purple and all the PCI-E lanes and all the DIMM slots will be occupied blanking out the majority of the board......You may ask why did i pick this board? Well I got offered it at work not going to say no to a cheap board.

y3mCny0nPSaTpncmsrpvznUx8B8PTn9p_-NtSUtUHXBgK1sFJ3B0zCwWpU_k3Bg7-a6eos4zhbjfJT_lU3Q4jjXTYOZPz22O-2MwQNS-Kv7F_1k-DJ-HInj1YL2PpnPVLTc_HPUvGp7ZbqkGzPgOW4DmuliwxOrnGBDuAMd79YTgTk

I managed to do some tubing.....well i managed to fit in two tubes only to see if the pump and res were in line and to see if it was possible to get a tight angle fitted into the radiator which suprisingly fitted really well.

y3mEayG66SvhOsvoXTP5ayYvlhEIQuogF6RDIjiVfy3QxkRwISssbSB9NGtZGpnTTqf5kvQ7OOFCkuML-dG0GSEuNYBw5KW8FnMdkG6twgig7WYG8RyixCrM4jlLSS72EywBWIiQvrM3hbEEcbr1Qban9aRW0LO3Bl5GmH0DpCvm3M

y3mDJT7p45Af3uCDVyU9SR9YIhf4KyrZ5Xz0lSBNRc1LZGppPrs0miXAV-cSERSjVXJfLvrtObbbB_U7S_OmZqz-_y1wuax9Wn_pk27GJ4Dr0kRIHIGnVJ861v3vGjHjt2qCxv1j80s3wcB391xEFxXcTBhFzUxLmvAuwX_We_Vmrc

The 90 degree fitting was a bit of pain which my sausage fingers it wasn't easy to attach and screw in.

Over all its been slow but productive day, least I know the tight fitting fits and it is not moving.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the photo of the lower compartment, has helped with planning for my build. It's much easier to see from an image than trying to picture in my head. The green is starting to grow on me too, reminds me of my old motorbike.

Was your motorbike a kawasaki by any chance? if so thats the colour spray paint i used, such a nice nice colour.

Yeah i think you need to see the case in order to get a good understanding of the case if you need any help let me know.

Associate
OP
Keep the fittings you never know when you may need some. Just missing a rad for the top, 5 corsair sp 120mm fans, and a full nickel X99 CPU cooler........so not missing much!

Associate
OP
Slowly getting things set up now got myself a EK X99 supremacy water block and fitted them with a green and a purple acrylic fittings sticking wight hem joker theme.....

Im hoping to have the project complete by the end of next week

Soldato
Looking good, what colour fluid are you thinking mate? Might look good with a classic white to avoid over doing the colour... Plus the Joker's pretty pale ;)

Associate
OP
Got two loops in it so was honking green and purple again to match the rest! Have two acrylic tubes coming from the base of the case each with different fluid next to each other! I have a plan in my head but whether it will work or not is another story

Associate
OP
Thanks for the positive feedback guys slowly coming along......All I'm waiting for now is tubing, my 3rd rad and 5 corsair SP120mm fans, So not too much......

I managed to fit the sprayed back plate to my SLI EVGA 980 Ti SC+ cards, which looks good considering I had never done a custom spray job before.

y3mP6c4BvPQoN1fgH_S5x_ieK9n7UfXMicht4YodqqnCR9dYf384z5v41rzZPufkXZE2PaTGqD_OUUFzrUUZXXyGp4OVEMRzjxZUX3DPy4WFVoJ8ZfDLENdKmi9pGtGrQv2RFCdfjmXrB5gZowKBiLARcVud6lKBsZUvNApiqPWcZk

Back
Top Bottom