• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Titan XP, anything i need to know?

Soldato
So you are getting a 32.5% increase from 1080 to TXP

You are then getting 22.6% increase from TXP to sli 1080 or a 62.5% increase going from single 1080 to sli 1080.

Can I just ask what the core clocks are to get an idea on if you are are on the upper limit of what either the 1080 or TXP will clock at or if there would be room to push or if you have been lucky/unlucky with the silicon lottery.

Edit: Thanks for the post.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So you are getting a 32.5% increase from 1080 to TXP

You are then getting 22.6% increase from TXP to sli 1080 or a 62.5% increase going from single 1080 to sli 1080.

Can I just ask what the core clocks are to get an idea on if you are are on the upper limit of what either the 1080 or TXP will clock at or if there would be room to push or if you have been lucky/unlucky with the silicon lottery.

Edit: Thanks for the post.

All cards were overclocked near to max @2100/2772 for single cards and 2076/2772 for 1080 SLI.

Water cooling is a must for Pascal Titans if you use them at these clockspeeds.

Soldato
Cool cheers for the info. Just good to see a comparison to real world clocks and fps from a user which can actually compare it with the latest drives now etc.

Some healthy gains between the cards there. Although scaling isn't awful 62% isn't great either. I wish they would sort out scaling tbh. I am pretty sure they always sandbag sli in my opinion so not to give such a boost over that of their higher models.

However if in DX12 things start to become studio side and they get 80-90% then maybe it will become good again. Will just have to see how things progress. That would see a really healthy 72-76fps for instance in this situation.

You take that with TXP in SLI and you are looking at 95-100fps at 4K with everything maxed out if we could get to that level. Now that would be some impressive numbers. Saying that, assuming we have the same 62.5% scaling for the TXP that gives us around 86fps.

Which sounds great but of course is £2320 outlay in GPU alone for that.

Soldato
Haha I don't either, my other hobby absorbs all my money most the time so I can't chase the frames either hence me sitting on an EVGA 980 (friend has the other one on long term lone, 6 months now, until her can afford something new).

I will be upgrading I think June next year though looking at mid-range probably as I will likely be playing games from the last 2 years because I haven't brought a new game since Killing Floor 2 first hit Alpha.

Soldato
Some healthy gains between the cards there. Although scaling isn't awful 62% isn't great either. I wish they would sort out scaling tbh. I am pretty sure they always sandbag sli in my opinion so not to give such a boost over that of their higher models.

Witcher 3 has always had crap scaling in my opinion. Many other games that scale a lot better than this. 62% aint bad yes, but could be better.

Associate
For comparison here are a couple of overclocked Pascal Titans doing the same.

Pascal Titan 2 way SLI
PEKoCqN.jpg

Thanks for that nice to see what sort of performance I will get with my Titan Pascal SLI Set up when Parvum finish my midplate and I block them both up. Been looking forward to playing Witcher 3 for first time at 4K.

Soldato
I have a prolimatech mk26 with 2x140mm fans cooling my 980ti, would this actually be able to cool a Titan xp? It keeps my ti at around 55-60 degrees maxed out and + 200 on the core?

should be just fine.. i have that same mk26 and had it on a 980 ti and on a extremely hot r9 290 and kept my 980ti at 54 degrees @1450 on the core. That cooler is a beast in both performance and size.

Soldato
Witcher 3 has always had crap scaling in my opinion. Many other games that scale a lot better than this. 62% aint bad yes, but could be better.

Tbh I was not seeing scaling on almost any of the games I played and thus feel that even getting to 62% is high in the majority of games I have seen/played and thus feel that there is no reason to have SLI until scaling is at a minimum of 80% and of course as close to 100% as possible.

Associate
Ti is hopefully bound to come around april,well at least to be announced, then maybe we'll have them in june or more. Thing is, Titan X P is here for the taking and 1080ti will not overpass titan. I personally own one and am glad I didn't wait for ces dissapointment. Am watercooling it asap and will pull 2.1 ghz off it and live happily ever after :)

Soldato
Ti is hopefully bound to come around april,well at least to be announced, then maybe we'll have them in june or more. Thing is, Titan X P is here for the taking and 1080ti will not overpass titan. I personally own one and am glad I didn't wait for ces dissapointment. Am watercooling it asap and will pull 2.1 ghz off it and live happily ever after :)

Those who bought TXP's on release will have been enjoying them since August (I think?), some 8 months by then and 10 months for 1080 owners. Really brings one back to buying when you need an upgrade as both TXP's and 1080's have been good purchases (depending on one's pocket) especially if bought near release. A Ti if released in APril will be 8-10month old technology and much closer to the next gen where DX12 will hopefully be done better. Again, if a new card is required then the Ti will probably be a good purchase but by APril if someone wants a more "value" high performing card and can still use their current card they may be better waiting till the next big release (the 1080 replacement). All IMO of course :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks all, Quite a bit to think about, An Upgrade is definitely imminent. Thanks a lot to Kaap making my choices even harder! :)

If it was just DX11 i would jump on SLI in heartbeat. DX12 is the only thing making me think twice

Back
Top Bottom