** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Our pricing is pretty stable, it has being more to do with exchange rates causing movements because a small movement in rate effects the price quite a lot on such an expensive part.

Hopefully rate will settle soon for worse or better. :)

Just notice the price on Inno3D just jumped again, from £389 to £404, and £399 to £420

So much for stable pricing. Coupled with maybe the Sterling crashing?

Was planning to pre-order today, but just going to hold off. The pricing is an absolute mess in my opinion for this launch with so much change(obviously not all directly your fault )

Associate
Guess the Sterling crash is causing the issue. The price on the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X just jumped more than £30 between adding it to my basket and checking out. Guess I'll hold off for now given there's no stock anyway, and hope that the markets calm down in the next couple of weeks. Interestingly, the price on the HDD I was also going to buy also went up, hence the suspicion that it's exchange rate volatility.

Soldato
Guess the Sterling crash is causing the issue. The price on the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X just jumped more than £30 between adding it to my basket and checking out. Guess I'll hold off for now given there's no stock anyway, and hope that the markets calm down in the next couple of weeks. Interestingly, the price on the HDD I was also going to buy also went up, hence the suspicion that it's exchange rate volatility.

They've put the price of all 1080's up even though the £ has gone back to last weeks rate.

Seems OCUK jumped the gun way too early here with the sudden crash last night.

Gibbo said no prices would be changed until 15:00 today but look this morning and all the 1080's have suddenly crept up in price yet competitors are still selling them at the same price as yesterday.

Associate
yeah, thats ****ed me off a little too, payday was today.. so was about to stick some 1080 goodness in my basket.
Seems ill be having a look elsewhere as there are other places that havent hiked the prices up yet. :(

Associate
I understand pre order prices changing: they still need to be imported and so on. But items already bought and sitting in the warehouse? Really poor show.

I totally get the fluctuating pre-order prices, but it's not like I'm buying a DVD here.

It's equating to a €500 purchase for me, so it would be nice to have some form of consistency with pricing, so it can be adequately planned.

Again not laying the blame at OCUK here directly, Nvidias production stuff is the main issue here, and actually a massive turnoff buying Nvidia from what is imo more shady tactics on their part.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

So the prices!

I had every price reverted back on graphics, I have then gone through all our prices, some I have being able to keep at the original price because the stock had landed and I also purchased them in GBP currency (UK suppliers) so thankfully even when we pay for those goods in 30-60 days the price shall be the same. :)

Then on the pre-order lines mainly where stock is incoming and not paid for I have gone 50/50 essentially, so where minimum increases should have being at least £20-£30 and higher, I have actually tried to keep these increases to around £10 sacrificing some of our margin.

This does mean however the prices will not get back down to their original pricing until the rate reaches 1.43, of course we may fine tune in between some prices down if rate improves.

Unfortunately if the rate does go sub 1.35 then I shall have to make further increases to graphics, thankfully Maxwell stock is un-affected by this as it was all paid for so I shall remain very aggressive on these SKU's and I have additional support to go even lower.

AMD's new launch unfortunately is effected, I have stock, but again it is not paid for and I booked the stock at an original rate of 1.43-1.44 whereas now we have re-adjusted this down to 1.36 but again I am going to sacrifice some OcUK margin to try and hit price points. I shall push AMD for some additional support to see if they can help us hit original target MSRP's I had in mind.

However I have being able to obtain more support for old gen from both AMD and NVIDIA so now we have GPU's from the following price points which puts us the lowest in the UK by miles:

R9 Fury @ £341.99
R9 390X 8G @ £259.99
R9 390 8G @ £209.99

GTX 980Ti @ £359.99
GTX 980 @ £275.99
GTX 970 @ £209.99
GTX 960 4G @ £149.99
GTX 960 2G @ £139.99

I shall be keeping a close eye on rates and adjusting products accordingly both up and down if the rate shifts by substantial amount.
Our pricing in general on graphics is the cheapest in the UK at present and we have FREE shipping enabled pretty much on every GPU!!! :)

Associate
Thanks for the response. Appreciate everything got thrown in the air with yesterdays and today's developments.

I'll keep tabs once Inno3D's actually come into regular stock and see how the entire situation settles.

Soldato
Thanks for the response. Appreciate everything got thrown in the air with yesterdays and today's developments.

I'll keep tabs once Inno3D's actually come into regular stock and see how the entire situation settles.

GJ Gibbo, ty for posting the info :D

Associate
Good choice, quality card :cool:

Yeah, good luck dealing with Zotac if anything ever goes wrong with the card.
You're fine dealing with OCUK here but after the 1yr warranty is up with OCUK. it'll be back to Zotac and that's where the problems begin.

40 days and counting waiting on a replacement here from them for a 780 gtx that start spitting out actual sparks from the backside of the card.

Not bought from OCUK mind.

Would pay a premium if I knew a full warranty period was honoured by a retailer rather than a manufacturer and all the hassle that goes with it :mad:

OcUK Staff
OP
Yeah, good luck dealing with Zotac if anything ever goes wrong with the card.
You're fine dealing with OCUK here but after the 1yr warranty is up with OCUK. it'll be back to Zotac and that's where the problems begin.

40 days and counting waiting on a replacement here from them for a 780 gtx that start spitting out actual sparks from the backside of the card.

Not bought from OCUK mind.

Would pay a premium if I knew a full warranty period was honoured by a retailer rather than a manufacturer and all the hassle that goes with it :mad:

OcUK honours the full warranty period on all the cards we sell. :)

Best service at OcUK!
Best forums at OcUK!
Best prices at OcUK!
Best range of 10 series at OcUK!
Exclusive graphic cards at OcUK!

We are no.1 for a reason, because we aspire to be Kings in every single aspect, price, range, service, exclusives. :)

Associate

Best service at OcUK!
Best forums at OcUK!
Best prices at OcUK!

We are no.1 for a reason, because we aspire to be Kings in every single aspect, price, range, service, exclusives. :)

The whole warranty period, like usually 2 or 3 years without putting the customer under the duress of waiting months while a card is returned to the manufacturer ?
Mate, if you do that then I'm gonna spend a small fortune (for me anyway) on a build here with you guys.

You guys also cover warranties the same way with motherboards too ?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
The whole warranty period, like usually 2 or 3 years without putting the customer under the duress of waiting months while a card is returned to the manufacturer ?
Mate, if you do that then I'm gonna spend a small fortune (for me anyway) on a build here with you guys.

You guys also cover warranties the same way with motherboards too ?

Yes if a warranty is 3yr advertised that is with both OcUK and the manufacturer. You can send it back to us or them.

Asus have superb warranty as our Turbo service means a quick replacement of the card for an equal performing card.

Other brands that can be a longer wait period whilst product is replaced or repaired if after first year, but you still deal with OcUK. :)

Soldato
Yes if a warranty is 3yr advertised that is with both OcUK and the manufacturer. You can send it back to us or them.

Asus have superb warranty as our Turbo service means a quick replacement of the card for an equal performing card.

Other brands that can be a longer wait period whilst product is replaced or repaired if after first year, but you still deal with OcUK. :)

That's good to know about the warranty.

Associate

Best service at OcUK!
Best forums at OcUK!
Best prices at OcUK!

This is why l buy from OcUK, never had an issue when RMA'ing a card.

Associate

That changes everything ! That's bloody excellent.

You should advertise this more, really should.

Associate
Well the weird thing is, the prices for 1080 are going up, you say because of dollar/pound, but prices of 1070 are pretty much the same as when they launched.
Theres something else going on ...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom