**** The Official Google Pixel C Thread ****

Associate
...and incredibly, when I called to the purple shirt place on the Team Valley in Gateshead today (emergency USB stick required), I witnessed a "normal" buying one. Wish I'd had the presence of mind to get a photo, but I felt a bit English and embarrassed to say owt.

Associate
...and incredibly, when I called to the purple shirt place on the Team Valley in Gateshead today (emergency USB stick required), I witnessed a "normal" buying one. Wish I'd had the presence of mind to get a photo, but I felt a bit English and embarrassed to say owt.

do they have one on display to play with? with official keyboard?

Last edited:
Associate
Tablet yes, keyboard no... blurb mentions the keyboard, but couldn't see one and wasn't approached by a sales person when touching the tablet lovingly, so couldn't ask.

I'll say this, it's in the middle of the normal tablets and was damn quick in comparison though!

Soldato
Took the plunge, ordered the moko slim case and a anker c to c cable so i can link it with my 6P.

How are you all finding the delivery times from Google?
Mine says 1-3 days, so i would assume by next Thursday. (with case and cable by Tuesday).

Associate
Mine was next day... ordered 17th March, arrived next day. Keyboard was much the same when i ordered later.

EDIT: was adding some new apps from the Play Store in the middle of an insomnia session earlier, when I noticed a new section on the home page... "Apps for the new Pixel C". Never seen this before now, and it seemed to show apps that took advantage of the hardware or were enhanced for Tegra. Whilst not specifically listed in the section, I also noticed Aliens -v- Pinball displayed an "enhanced for Tegra" flash when loading, and apparently runs better, although I've not tried it on the 6P to make a judgement either way.

With the Play Store section in mind, are we seeing a stealthy push on the Pixel C from Google?, what with this and it turning up in the old purple shirt shop...

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd saw that Pixel C section on the Play Store a while ago when I was using the Nexus 9, but it's never shown up when actually browsing from the Pixel itself... :(

I am now fully convinced by the keyboard. In Newcastle for a couple of days with work, and having the keyboard allowed me to leave the bulky laptop (E6530) in the office, just using the Pixel C as device in the evening.
Once you get used to the key layout, it's very nice to type on.

Associate
I am now fully convinced by the keyboard. In Newcastle for a couple of days with work, and having the keyboard allowed me to leave the bulky laptop (E6530) in the office, just using the Pixel C as device in the evening.

Pretty much the same here (E6430)... installed the VMWare Horizon app and it's working just nicely. Needed the Dell on a migration last week, but the Pixel's the go to device now, and works better than the iPad setups some of the guys tested (mouse really helps).

Associate
Left the beast at family on other side of country last week... They've brought it back tonight, hasn't been charged since Friday AM last week and it's still running 23% battery.

Canny happy with that standby time, plus it's been beeping and the like when it was over there!

Dicing with whether or not to try the new version of Remix OS on it now... Not having it for a week has made me want to mess around.

Man of Honour
Left the beast at family on other side of country last week... They've brought it back tonight, hasn't been charged since Friday AM last week and it's still running 23% battery.

Canny happy with that standby time, plus it's been beeping and the like when it was over there!

Dicing with whether or not to try the new version of Remix OS on it now... Not having it for a week has made me want to mess around.

That Remix OS looks good actually, be interested to see what its like,
On another note Sky GO has started working on Google N for me, just in time for the footie season to start!!! Perfect tablet just got better!!

Associate
Has anyone else noticed that since the 7.0 update the multi-core performance has dropped quite a bit.

It was scoring 4400 in geekbench multi-core and now it's around 3000. :eek:

Updates are meant to improve performance, not make it worse.

Back
Top Bottom