**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Soldato
Battery on 66% at 2am. Went to sleep and woke up at 10am. Battery dead.

Never seen that happen before although I have noticed that around 14-18% it will suddenly die.

Upgrade in October as well, probably an S7 as I no longer need the note functionality.

JLJ

JLJ

Associate
How do I update my phone? Its still showing 5.0.1. Every time I check for updates, it tells me its on the latest update.
I bought off ebay awhile back and its using virgin sim.

JLJ

JLJ

Associate
Are these the firmware download from www.sammobile.com?
I searched for SM-N910F and its come back with a bunch of versions for different countries and providers, which do I go for?
I have installed custom roms before, if I remember correctly it involves rooting the phone, dont want to root as it stops the banking apps from working.

Soldato
My contract is up in October so unless the note 7 is amazing I'll probably be going sim only & keeping the 4 for a while longer. It still does everything I want.
Just need to install MM as three don't seem to be releasing it OTA.

Associate
My Note 4 is very rapidly wanting to become one with the wall.....

Had a cased teh other day where it completly froze and would not receive any signal. Had to remove battery to get it up and working.

Then to top it off, was re-organising the Wifi at home and it would fail to get an IP address. That was when it decided to get a wifi signal. Which was slightly worrying as was sat next to an AC AP that covers 120m. This also goes along with the fact I am sat 50m at home from an O2 4G tower and I get next to no signal from it.

Am feeling tonight that I may be forced to do a factory reset and cache wipes to see if that clears the issues I am having.

It has been absolutley great since I had it, it was just in teh last 4 months it has started to play up.

Roll on Oct when I can change it...but that is a whole other issue...Note 7 ot S7E?

Caporegime
Are these the firmware download from www.sammobile.com?
I searched for SM-N910F and its come back with a bunch of versions for different countries and providers, which do I go for?
I have installed custom roms before, if I remember correctly it involves rooting the phone, dont want to root as it stops the banking apps from working.

That's the one, follow this guide :) and I think this ROM should be fine (basically any non-network ROM). For flashing stock, no rooting required, all done through Odin (suggest 3.09 or 3.10 -v6).

Man of Honour
Sigh I upgraded to the Note 4 due to my Note 1 deciding it was going to drain battery like crazy more often than not - using both in daily use at the moment for various reasons and the Note 1 is behaving perfectly again - despite moderate use since 6am this morning its still at 91% instead of the 30-40% it was going down to :S

Soldato
Well seeing as Three don't seem to be releasing Marshmellow update OTA for my Note 4 I guess I'd better look at installing it myself.

Anyone else done it? Is it worth doing or should I just stay with Lollipop?

Caporegime
If you're comfortable with it, then go for it :)

My post above has a guide to flash the stock ROM and if you want to go custom route, suggest Dr Ketan's ROM.

Caporegime
To be honest I can't remember as the last few Android releases haven't felt revolutionary. The only thing that does stick is MM's bloody annoying app permission requests, why on earth do I need to be asked if it's OK each time when the phone is plugged into a computer?

Soldato
Need a little help... how do I unroot and put my Kernel back to the stock Kernal so I can download the newest updates... To be clear. I'm still using the stock rom but my kernel is a custom kernel. Is there anyway to get the stock kernel back on and unroot without having to reflash the whole stock firmware and lose everything on my phone?
Actually I just checked and it says my phone is not rooted but under device status is still says custom which I guess is because I'm still using a custom Kernel? All I want to do is be able to get back my over the air updates so I can update my phone but don't want to lose anything that I have on my phone.

Last edited:
Soldato
What is everyone planning to upgrade to? I've had my Note 4 since October 2014 so due an upgrade soon. I don't have any real gripes with the phone other than the fact the battery life is starting to suck. Possible MM or age of battery? I am eyeing up the S7 but also thinking that the Note 7 might be more logical as I do enjoy the larger screen.

Battery on 66% at 2am. Went to sleep and woke up at 10am. Battery dead.

Never seen that happen before although I have noticed that around 14-18% it will suddenly die.

Upgrade in October as well, probably an S7 as I no longer need the note functionality.

Sigh I upgraded to the Note 4 due to my Note 1 deciding it was going to drain battery like crazy more often than not - using both in daily use at the moment for various reasons and the Note 1 is behaving perfectly again - despite moderate use since 6am this morning its still at 91% instead of the 30-40% it was going down to :S

Guys, I've had the same problems (phone sluggish, freezing, battery randomly dying from 20%, discharging from full in few hours or less) around 2 months ago and got a new battery, this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PVFYOGK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Since putting the new battery in I have no more problems and it holds charge just like it did when I first bought it - at least 1 or 2 days use. Currently got 4hr 20min screen on time since morning with wifi/4G all on day with sync on to 4 e-mail accounts and battery still on 70% - says 24hr left!

Back
Top Bottom