COMING SOON - AERO 14 - Performance Ultrabook

Associate
I personally prefer the black but a lot of gamers will appreciate the 'statement' colours which I think look good, I prefer the orange to the green though.

I don't get the exclusion of TB3 however and I also don't get the point of ultra portable gaming laptops. They typically tend to compromise on thermals (ultimately performance) which as I gamer I don't want or battery life which defeats the point of an ultra portable laptop.

I also question the QHD display, I have a 1080p xps 15 and, although I use it without scaling, the text is small and crisp. Sure you may gain a slight amount of perceivable sharpness but the trade offs in scaling issues and reduced battery life, for me at least, aren't close to being worth it.

Associate
Do you guys at gigabyte know about thunderbolt 3 and it's benefits for not just mobile gaming, but also workstation gpu compute use. E.g running a laptop on set doing some colour grading etc via a thunderbolt 3 pci-e expansion chassis?

Looking at all your hardware and nothing regarding TB3?

Associate
They won't reply. I'm not sure they are interested about tb3. It's been around for long enough yet they continue to ignore it.

Shame as gigabyte laptops in all other respects are excellent.

It's a wierd ommision to be sure. Oh well I guess they lose another customer and I'll go with MSI:)

Associate
Do you guys at gigabyte know about thunderbolt 3 and it's benefits for not just mobile gaming, but also workstation gpu compute use. E.g running a laptop on set doing some colour grading etc via a thunderbolt 3 pci-e expansion chassis?

Looking at all your hardware and nothing regarding TB3?

Hello Spikerules,

We are aware of Thunderbolt 3 and its current benefits, and R&D is actively monitoring how the technology and peripherals that support TB3 are evolving.

Currently the Aero14 does no have an external GPU, and as far as display, we chose to include HDM2.0 for the 4k @ 60Hz output support.

However I would like to thank you for the feedback, and will be sure this gets forwarded to the R&D group.

Thank you,
R~

Associate
Hello Spikerules,

We are aware of Thunderbolt 3 and its current benefits, and R&D is actively monitoring how the technology and peripherals that support TB3 are evolving.

Currently the Aero14 does no have an external GPU, and as far as display, we chose to include HDM2.0 for the 4k @ 60Hz output support.

However I would like to thank you for the feedback, and will be sure this gets forwarded to the R&D group.

Thank you,
R~

Thanks for the reply. I hope you manage to sort it out.

Associate
Looks good (Gaming laptops all to often look like they were designed by a 10 year old obsessed with Lamborghini's)
Price is very good
Specs are great
Crazy light/small for what it can do,
Would definitely mention this laptop to anyone asking me if i knew of any good gaming laptops

But its a no from me im afraid
I'm after something a lot like the way razer are going with the stealth. Ultrabook that can be connected to external graphics over thunderbolt 3.
I cant seem to find one i like, Razer wont sell the stealth in Europe (and even if it did, it has an annoyingly large bezel) and the XPS i just cant quite get the configuration i want! (although if nothing similar comes out by the end of September, im gonna go with the XPS 13)
Do Gigabyte have anything like this in the pipeline for 2016?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Is the UK going to get some of the orange ones? Also whats the ETA?

It's out in the states now, any news of the U.K. release date?

Hi folks,

We haven't planned the coloured versions for UK, we went with black to start with, and quantity was only small.

The product will be live with OCUK next week, for pre-order and stock expected in a week or so.

Regarding the orange and green, we will more than likely bring in some when we have the second wave of stock later in the year. This first launch was really devised to test the market, but also gather views on the colours.

Thanks for your interest and sorry for the delay,

Regards,

Gigabyte NB Team

Soldato
yep looking pretty good so far. There's some user feedback showing up on reddit and notebook reviews forums but just waiting to see if there's a more official review soon.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/gigabyte-aero-14.791608/
https://www.reddit.com/r/SuggestALaptop/comments/4sjggs/received_gigabyte_aero_14_ama/
https://www.reddit.com/r/laptops/comments/4s94uy/review_for_gigabyte_aero_14/

There's some comments on the fans have issues where they don't stabilize but jump up and down. The screen is meant to be a bit wobbly as well.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Any idea when the 512GB version will be in stock? Additionally if i get the 256 version and put in a m2 stick in myself will i void the warranty? Thanks

Hi Dariel,

We expect the 512GB version to land with OcUK in the next week or so.

With regards to upgrading and adding more SSD, this is fine with Gigabyte products and doesn't void the warranty.

Both products have 2 x M.2 PCIe bays, so can accept and additional one, or replace and add two.

In all cases, care must be taken as "Customer Induced Damage" isn't covered by warranty, but simply opening machine and upgrading components of your choice doesn't void it.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Last edited:
Associate
Had mine a couple of days, great service from OC as usual.

Got to say so far it ticks all the boxes, not had a chance to put it through its paces yet but it is a mightly impressive machine, and the battery life does seem not far off of the claims. Not too heavy and very solid build, good screen and surprisingly the fans are much quieter than i thought they may be. Best bit is i can get it out in a meeting and nobody is going to notice the beast, could never do it with a traditional gaming ultrabook.

Back
Top Bottom