COMING SOON - AERO 14 - Performance Ultrabook

Associate
How big is it? I'm looking at this to replace my ageing late 2013 mbpr and want the same size and weight!

Hi Skaif,

As far as weight goes, you're looking at ~1.89kg (w/Battery).

and here are the dimensions:

335(W) x 250(D) x 19.9(H) mm

Let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

R~
GIGABYTE NB

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Had mine a couple of days, great service from OC as usual.

Got to say so far it ticks all the boxes, not had a chance to put it through its paces yet but it is a mightly impressive machine, and the battery life does seem not far off of the claims. Not too heavy and very solid build, good screen and surprisingly the fans are much quieter than i thought they may be. Best bit is i can get it out in a meeting and nobody is going to notice the beast, could never do it with a traditional gaming ultrabook.

Hi ipcress,

Great feedback, thanks for letting us know.....

Always nice to whip out the beast in a meeting,,, especially cool if no-one notices ;)

Regards,

Atom80

Associate
One thing i will say is the power brick takes a little adjustment after a couple of Surface Pro's in a row. Its a decent size and weight as in you will know you are carrying it around not the kind of thing to slip in a pocket. I normally leave one in the house and one in the office, any idea where i can get a spare Atom?

Associate
It's super annoying that retailers do not show an image of the power brick in their product photos. It's a laptop, some users might want to use it as such and take their full charging setup with them.

More pictures of power bricks OcUK!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
One thing i will say is the power brick takes a little adjustment after a couple of Surface Pro's in a row. Its a decent size and weight as in you will know you are carrying it around not the kind of thing to slip in a pocket. I normally leave one in the house and one in the office, any idea where i can get a spare Atom?

Hi ipcress,

If you contact our service partner, they should be able to give you a price;

Technical Support: 0844 244 9999
[email protected]

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Atom80

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
It's super annoying that retailers do not show an image of the power brick in their product photos. It's a laptop, some users might want to use it as such and take their full charging setup with them.

Noted,,, its a good point.

Regards,

Atom80

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP

Hi Five_Star,

Check the unboxing video, you can see the power adapter around 58secs onwards....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uB8sMUjfFM

Hope that helps...

Regards,

Atom80

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP

Ooooooooooooooooooh a USB charging point on the adapter.....

Cool.

u7AQifa.jpg

Associate
Thats awesome, thanks Atom80

detailed information like this gives people real confidence in the product and a feeling that the company actual cares about the little details too in order to make something excellent

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Thats awesome, thanks Atom80

detailed information like this gives people real confidence in the product and a feeling that the company actual cares about the little details too in order to make something excellent

You're welcome Five_Star ;)

Our design team work hard to add some nice product features and touches that make a difference to the end user experience. (such as this, and hot swap optical drive on P35 and P37 products as another example)

Having a presence in OcUK forums also helps us talk directly to our customers, and potential customers and views from here are fed back directly to the mothership !

We do care, a lot.

Thanks for the feedback,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
does anyone know how well these work with Ubuntu? are there any drivers for it?

Hi DanF,

We have asked technical team at HQ and unfortunately this O/S has not been tested and isn't supported. No driver testing has taken place.

Sorry,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Dariel,

We expect the 512GB version to land with OcUK in the next week or so.

With regards to upgrading and adding more SSD, this is fine with Gigabyte products and doesn't void the warranty.

Both products have 2 x M.2 PCIe bays, so can accept and additional one, or replace and add two.

In all cases, care must be taken as "Customer Induced Damage" isn't covered by warranty, but simply opening machine and upgrading components of your choice doesn't void it.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Hey Atom any update on this? Still haven't seen the 512gb model in stock.

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Hey Atom any update on this? Still haven't seen the 512gb model in stock.

Stock shipping this week, so we expect it to be live on OCUK site by Monday next week at the latest. The lower spec sku ( LT-079-GI) will be removed from site as we don't have any more coming into OcUK.

Suggest placing pre-order as stock is very limited.

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for your help Atom, second power adapter ordered and on its way.

Quick question for you, i got the 256 gb version as i needed to order and the 500's seemed elusive. I want to put a second drive in to bring it up to spec, is there one you guys recommend that i can get from OC?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Thanks for your help Atom, second power adapter ordered and on its way.

Quick question for you, i got the 256 gb version as i needed to order and the 500's seemed elusive. I want to put a second drive in to bring it up to spec, is there one you guys recommend that i can get from OC?

Hi ipcress,

The SSDs used in the AORUS X3 are:

Samsung PCIe NVMe PM951 512GB or SM951....

We think the model numbers are similar for the 256GB version...

So this looks to be the one:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sams...state-drive-mzhpv256hdgl-00000-hd-207-sa.html

You can open your machine to check the detail on the installed SSD and see if it matches that link.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Hey guys,
is it possible to get the Aero 14 with swiss keyboard layout?

If not, what layout does the keyboard have?

Hi shiek,

The AERO14 at OcUK has UK keyboard layout,

"qwerty", layout

I spoke to French colleague to see if French keyboard was same as Swiss, but apparently not.

I am sure UK layout would be OK for you :)

Are you living in UK or actually in Switzerland?

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Back
Top Bottom