The ROG Rampage V Edition 10 Owners Thread

Soldato
B Die should go 12-12-12 at around 3400mhz.

Push the CPU man.

Use AVX offset for AVX instruction stuff or your CPU will heat up so quick.

CAS 12 3400 might be possible in some respect. That type of advice is what is known as light switch methodology. The kit needs to be juiced quite hard.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Any benefits to 0801? I'm not noticing any stability issues with 0601...

Those upgrading from the Rampage V, have you gone for a new build of Windows?

I always rebuild windows when changing something like a motherboard... might not need to, I just prefer it - if only for my own piece of mind.

im sure its a nice board but i get the feeling all these tech companines are taking us for a bunch of mugs

my RVE has died so i was looking to get one of these the RVE cost me £320 on release back in 2014 and now its around £380 and now this RV E10 is £525

i have no doubt its an improvment on the RVE but really at that price?

probably paying more for prestige/brand name

UK prices are quite high - I got mine for £420. Much better build quality than my Asus X99-S.

Beautiful piece of kit :)

_H5A6767 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

_H5A6766 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

_H5A6760 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Waiting on new ram, but I got a budget 8x8GB 2133 14-14-14-28-2T Kingston kit to run at 3200 18-19-19-39-1T without much trouble... but the volts were higher than I'd prefer to run it and find the performance a bit better at 3000 16-16-16-36-1T at 1.4V

I have a Corsair 3600 16-16-16-36 kit on order, but I just got notification that the ETA has been pushed back another week, so I'll probably get it in 1-2 weeks.

I was thinking about higher frequency kits, but the cost didn't seem worth it. It was about £200ish for the 4x8GB Corsair kit.

Associate
I keep reading around the interwebz, that getting 3200mhz+ ram running is pretty difficult is this what you guys are finding or is it one of those things you either get a chip with a good IMC or don't

Permabanned
Well... like I mentioned in my last post... I managed to get a budget 64GB Kingston 2133MHz kit running at 3200MHz without much trouble. Only took a couple of small tweaks (ie, playing with voltage and timings) was only about 3 attempts before I got it running.

Currently at 4.5GHz on the CPU too... I see a lot of reviewers had trouble getting higher than 4.2-4.4GHz - so that's made me quite happy with this silicon. When it's in a full water loop, it looks like 4.6GHz stable will be easy... already booted in at that speed, just too much volts and the temps were too high so I didn't keep it there.

Soldato
Hey Cosimo

Would like to have my light strip adjustable independently of the boards lighting, but I cant see how to do that. It seems the strip light follows the board lights - any ideas?
Have looked in the app, and the bios, but no dice.

Mark

Man of Honour
OP
Hey Cosimo

Would like to have my light strip adjustable independently of the boards lighting, but I cant see how to do that. It seems the strip light follows the board lights - any ideas?
Have looked in the app, and the bios, but no dice.

Mark

I would have thought that you could do that with the software and bios. Have you looked at ROG Effects settings. Sorry I can't help any further but it might be worth asking over at the ASUS ROG forum if no one else can help.

Soldato
I would have thought that you could do that with the software and bios. Have you looked at ROG Effects settings. Sorry I can't help any further but it might be worth asking over at the ASUS ROG forum if no one else can help.

Hi cosimo,

Have asked on the asus forum - they say it is possible via the software, but I have been unable to get it to work. Just thought I would ask you as you are so knowledgeable. They did not say how to do it in the asus forum - so........

Oh well, may find out eventually.

Mark

Soldato
So... if I'm not going to Overclock anything it's a waste of money getting this, right?

Think you have answered your own question - but of course it depends if you need/want any of the other features besides clocking options - if not, then no it is not worth it.

Mark

Soldato
I keep reading around the interwebz, that getting 3200mhz+ ram running is pretty difficult is this what you guys are finding or is it one of those things you either get a chip with a good IMC or don't

Nope, shouldn't be. This is on a Deluxe II. Some CPU may struggle past 3333 (unconditionally stable), hence why the board certification is only up to this, at a guess.

NZKfo9P.jpg

Associate
Well I've almost fixed my problem. It was nothing to do with the SATA ports in the end (which I didn't really believe). After looking again at what's happening in daylight I noticed that my case (Thermaltake Core X9), the back bit where you screw the cards in place, well it wouldn't let the graphics card go down enough into the slot and therefore putting the card at a slight angle making it seem like it was the SATA ports...

... After a slight modification to the motherboard tray in order to raise the motherboard slightly higher (using washers), I've managed to get the cards to read correctly and work now.

I have the same issue as you on my old coolermaster cosmos with an MSI Gaming X. I'm glad i found your post because i was resigned to melting the top plastic cover off the SATA 1 port.

I think i can fix it by bending the back plate

Soldato
Think you have answered your own question - but of course it depends if you need/want any of the other features besides clocking options - if not, then no it is not worth it.

Mark

Pretty much... yes.

If not overclocking... would you use the included headphone DAC? What about RGB lighting, do you fancy that?

If no to both of those... get something like the Asus X99 Deluxe II or similar.

Ok thank you both, I mean I'd love to overclock I just don't really know how other than using the on board settings. Are the on board overclocking settings that the mobo do any good? I know on the previous version you could get a good overclock but the temps would be crazy high.

Thanks

Soldato
Ok thank you both, I mean I'd love to overclock I just don't really know how other than using the on board settings. Are the on board overclocking settings that the mobo do any good? I know on the previous version you could get a good overclock but the temps would be crazy high.

Thanks

Hi,
Basically put the boards overclocking software is good, and it does the job, but as always it will tend to use more volts for any given clock speed - which means higher temps, which we don't want. It is better to overclock manually via the bios - it is not rocket science, but you do have to know what you are doing to be safe.
There are plenty of guides on here from 8Pack and others on the art of overclocking - have a read of some of them, and don't be afraid to try, we learn by doing.

I am not by any means an expert on clocking - there is always something to learn/try - but I learned from others and just tried things out. Give it a go - there are plenty of us here to advise if you get stuck etc. Also research it a bit online - read some others experiences to put your mind at rest.

Hope this helps - any questions just ask.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom