Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Soldato
Not played around with mulitplayer or skirmish yet, too busy crying in campaign, but is there a way to play coop with a mate against AI?

Soldato
Not played around with mulitplayer or skirmish yet, too busy crying in campaign, but is there a way to play coop with a mate against AI?

Sadly no. Coop is only pvp right now. I'd be surprised if they didn't add it to custom matches eventually as a lot of people want that.

Soldato
So basically start this game on Easy mode or run into a corner and curl into a weeping ball?

Well not quite, but if you are starting with the campaign rather than MP then it will help. I've found that aggressive play is rewarded with the missions, and careful play is best for cruiser clash when dealing with AI. Just stay well away from those Ork cruisers

Soldato
It's not that bad once you know the mechanics. And you can automate a lot of things to take the pressure off and allow you to focus on maneuvering your ships.

Associate
Ive been playing through the campaign on easy. im on chapter 4 and coming up to turn 30. Once you have played a few turns you get settled on a few ships and can set most stuff to auto. Just make sure you keep lightning/boarding actions off if your doing a data recovery mission.

Have not played the multiplayer since beta so will give it a bash again after the main campaign.

Soldato
Ive been playing through the campaign on easy. im on chapter 4 and coming up to turn 30. Once you have played a few turns you get settled on a few ships and can set most stuff to auto. Just make sure you keep lightning/boarding actions off if your doing a data recovery mission.

Have not played the multiplayer since beta so will give it a bash again after the main campaign.

It's quite nicely balanced now, although there are a few faction combos where you'll end up in trouble (orks vs eldar) if your opponent knows what they are doing.

Caporegime
Quite fancy this, having just bought and nearly completed the Homeworld remastered collection.

How cheap has this been so far?

Does the lack of 3D movement hamper it at all?

Soldato
Quite fancy this, having just bought and nearly completed the Homeworld remastered collection.

How cheap has this been so far?

Does the lack of 3D movement hamper it at all?

I think cd keys had it around £22 at some point.

I think it would get too much of a handful in 3d as it takes some skill to manage your firing arcs and skills already in 2d.

Associate
If your only planning on playing the single player campaign then yhea it's worth shopping around.

If you want to get into the multi side of the game then official seems to be the way to buy atm as you will get some dlc for free, but it depends on how much they are going to sell the dlc for I guess. Have to say though I have loved this game in single player been the game of the year for me so far !

Caporegime
Woohoo! https://steamcommunity.com/games/363680/announcements/detail/812148329602947987

Many of you voted to let us know which faction you would like to see in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada in the future. The Tau fleet received the largest number of votes. We’re therefore happy to announce that The Tau Fleet will be the second faction DLC offered to all Early Adopters (players who pre-ordered or purchased the game in an official retailer up to 2 months after release).

Tyranids came second in the poll, and believe us, they won’t be left behind. But, for now, let’s talk about what we can unveil to you guys: here’s the development roadmap detailing what you’ll get in the coming months!

Looks like the game is definitely going to have some legs! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom