Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Caporegime
Wonder if they would eventually add Tyranids... would be awesome though would Dre quire a dramatically different style of play. Tau would be cool too.

Will wait to see how general reviews are on release then purchase soon I think.

Soldato
Wonder if they would eventually add Tyranids... would be awesome though would Dre quire a dramatically different style of play. Tau would be cool too.

Will wait to see how general reviews are on release then purchase soon I think.

Well we know for sure space marines are coming, along with at least one other faction. Whether that is tau, Necrons or tyrannid is yet to be revealed

Caporegime
Well we know for sure space marines are coming, along with at least one other faction. Whether that is tau, Necrons or tyrannid is yet to be revealed

Ahh hat's what I was trying to think of that I had forgotten... Necrons. They are uber powerful though, a single ship can take out multiple heavy ships from other races.

To be honest I would prefer Tau, Necrons and Tyranids to another human faction as it would create much more diversity, so I hope they do some DLC later down the line. All races if they are balanced well would be epic.

Soldato
I would love a hive ship and all that disgusting xenos fun of a tyrannid fleet, but yeah the more the merrier if it's balanced. I think they've done well to balance things like the nova cannon and torpedoes, and tweaking all of the factions to make sure they are competitive. I still find orks tough to fight in an imperial fleet, but only because I get sloppy and let them get close. After all, that's the main tactic in an imperial fleet!

Last edited:
Associate
Word of warning if you get the game anywhere else beside Steam you wont get the bonus SM fleets I've heard.

In other news, Part FOUR of my Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Campaign playthrough is up! Those Eldar are...well I will probably get told off if I told you what I really thought of them :p

Soldato
Started playing it today and I'm already losing my patience.

I am bad at RTS games, I acknowledge that, but I can normally cope with normal difficulty, but damn I'm struggling. Not lost a ship yet, but the damn enemy ships keep warping out on me! :mad:

Soldato

I am bad at RTS games, I acknowledge that, but I can normally cope with normal difficulty, but damn I'm struggling. Not lost a ship yet, but the damn enemy ships keep warping out on me! :mad:

You can click on an enemy ship and tell yours to attack certain parts of it. In the UI there will be a panel (middle) that lets you click to target various parts of the vessel. I need to boot it up to find out which one it is you need to hit, but work calls!!

Soldato

The taunt and stasis skills are handy, and as said try focusing engines to stop them running. I also automate lightning strikes so I don't forget to use them, but sometimes that backfires

Associate

Don`t forget when all else fails you can still ram them :)

Soldato

Friend had same issue and was getting frustrated with the game, restarted on easy it's still a challenge but he's made it to chapter 4 now.

I've said previously but the hardness on this is rather old school i.e normal feels more like hard on recent games.

Soldato
I'm struggling to deal with eldar players now. That battleship has insane damage on that pulsar, and I can never seem to catch them long enough before they disappear again. That and when they disable your skills just before attacking means you are totally defenseless and can lose a light cruiser in one go.

Last edited:
Soldato

It's not just me then...

Am going to re-start at Easy as my micro skills are very rusty..

Back
Top Bottom