Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [5th - 9th February 2016]

Soldato
Why doesn't Berahino or Lambert ever start for West Brom?

Lambert is a squad player and probably doesn't have the fitness these days, his last season at Southampton you could see how laboured he had become, barely ran at all in the second half of the season. Berahino was viewed as being a knob on deadline day trying to force a move away, so now they've benched him and stuck a few nails into the coffin of his career as punishment.

Caporegime
Lambert is a squad player and probably doesn't have the fitness these days, his last season at Southampton you could see how laboured he had become, barely ran at all in the second half of the season. Berahino was viewed as being a knob on deadline day trying to force a move away, so now they've benched him and stuck a few nails into the coffin of his career as punishment.

Punishment, he's getting paid a pretty fair whack to not play and when they finally give in and sell for a fraction of what they've been offered, thanks to idiotic managers who will throw money at England/prem experienced players without thinking, he'll have absolutely no trouble getting another prem team with a big fee even if he has to see out his contract and not play for another couple of years.

Between players like Rosicky/Diaby who get contract after contract, and players like Gary Caldwell getting bought by prem league teams repeatedly despite being a complete and utter disaster, anyone with any experience will find a manager to buy them. I actually think he's a pretty handy player with decent potential I'm just highlighting that even if he sucked, that he was ever at any time in the league is enough to keep getting new clubs/contracts and higher wages.... stupid sport.

Don
Cutting off your nose to spite your face comes to mind with Berahino, though it's entirely possible that manager/coaches are responding to his effort in training rather than just punishment.

Soldato
Cutting off your nose to spite your face comes to mind with Berahino, though it's entirely possible that manager/coaches are responding to his effort in training rather than just punishment.
The above is also probably pertinent, there are plenty of stories floating around about his lack of training ethic and being forced to do 1 to 1 training away from the squad.

Potentially that's a result of being benched and the whole thing has turned into a self perpetuating circle.

Soldato
Well done to the LFC for Walkout on 77. Ticket prices go up for the match going fan as Revenue and profits increase with the new TV deal next year. More fans should follow this example

smr

smr

Soldato
Few people being made to look stupid with their comments about us right about now!

"Ranieri's appointment is, at best, left field and at worst uninspiring and unwise. A charming man but perhaps one out of time with the Premier League, having last worked there with Chelsea in 2004 and having had a chequered career since." - Phil McNulty - Chief Football Writer BBC Sport

Soldato
Few people being made to look stupid with their comments about us right about now!

"Ranieri's appointment is, at best, left field and at worst uninspiring and unwise. A charming man but perhaps one out of time with the Premier League, having last worked there with Chelsea in 2004 and having had a chequered career since." - Phil McNulty - Chief Football Writer BBC Sport

Yes but what did you honestly think when he was appointed?

I couldn't see it working out personally.

Soldato
Obviously taken with a pinch of salt, but according to Squawka stats, Mignolet has supposedly cost Liverpool approx 15 points points this season. :eek:

I walked out on 77 yesterday and hope to see other clubs follow suit as well. Like Shearer said, with the 58?% rise in tv revenue next season, the last thing we should be seeing is ticket price rises.

Anyone have £10 on Leicester to win the league at the start of the season? 5000/1! :o

Caporegime
I did not agree with the change in prices at Sheffield Wednesday this season and think price increases in general are disgusting, (£42 to see Bristol on the opening weekend of the season :eek:) however I'm a season ticket holder and have just paid £3360 for two season tickets for the next three years (price frozen for 3 years) - which works out at ~£29~ a home match, which is excellent regardless of promotion in my opinion.

Soldato
Our game against Bournemouth is pretty much a must win, if we are to get back into the title race. Hopefully the city Leicester game is a bore draw and spuds lose. That would be the best result for us if we win.

Praying that Le donkey finds his scoring boots against Bournemouth, if not him then Sanchez at the very least.

Now a must win for sure. if not we are screwed

Back
Top Bottom