Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [5th - 9th February 2016]

Soldato
You could see wwhy chelsea haven't lost to us in 10 games. Just better quality all over the pitch.

how many fouls did we give away in oir third in tge last 20 mind
It was utter desperation as our players could not handle a bit of pace and directness.

That's what happens when you have Carrick as your anchor midfielder. I honestly don't get the media ** Please fully star out swearing ** . Never have. Yes he plays the odd classy pass but at this stage in his career he ain't (and never was) no Pirlo. I actually would prefer to get Blind back into that position but unfortunately he seems to be our only other centre back. Jones should probably be sold as he is never fit for more than three matches.

Chelsea were there for the taking - we failed. Champions League fail also.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Carrick is great when he has time on the ball but when he doesn't there is no point having him there. As soon as we decided that we should try and hold out for a 1 - 0 win with 30 minutes to go it was always going to end badly.

Caporegime
Carrick is great when he has time on the ball but when he doesn't there is no point having him there. As soon as we decided that we should try and hold out for a 1 - 0 win with 30 minutes to go it was always going to end badly.

Some players make time on the ball. Carrick is awful. Always has been anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been watching credible top rated midfielders.

We started with gusto but in the end strength and quality showed through. Something we are lacking.

even y'all boy no idea what he does schneiderlin was invisible.

And as for big Bentley payde bills. Woeful for the time he was on. That's 60 mill potentially wasted across the pair of signings.

Still rojojo will be back to shore us up defensively.

brick top is doing well enough for us to be not missing our first choice left back so cant conplain about him too much.

Associate
Carrick is great with the ball in general, the issue is the rest of the team around him and the way we implement LvG's 'vision'. Put Pirlo, Alonso, Xavi, Scholes or any of the great deeper playmakers into our team and we would struggle just as much as we do now.

Our defence constantly has either 2 midfielders in it or some u18/21 that many would never have heard off before this season, and while Borthwick Jackson, McNair or Valera have done well they should really be no-where near the match day squad for an important trip to Chelsea.

Its criminal that we are so short on quality defenders, as much improved as Smalling has been he's not good enough to turn an average defence into a good one like Ferdinand could do when partnered with Silvestre, O'Shea, Evans, Jones, etc or in fact anyone or has the ability to dominate a forward line on his own ala Vidic.

Then add the fact that we have Fellaini as our 'default' midfielder when both Herrera and Schniederlin are fit and an attack that relies on Rooney having a good game to work (thank the various deity's that he's found some form again) the fact that we are still 5th amazes me.

We simply don't have the personnel to play the way our manager wants us too, and after 2 seasons and a shed load of money that's his fault, it's also his fault that he is completely unable to change things up to better suit who he has available. He's worse than me in Football manager when all I do is swap 1 player out for another in exactly the same position and role when I'm losing.

@The Running Man - Either you were in a coma for the last 8 Fergie years or you've had a terrible terrible stroke, neither is an excuse for that post and I demand compensation for having read it. :D

Back
Top Bottom