*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
I'm returning my xbox one s to Microsoft (they offer advanced exchange whilst holding £340 of your cash). As the fan seems louder than it should be. Here's hoping I'm not being a pedant and the replacement is better!

Tried to return it at game and they refused saying it makes no noise (I'm calling it bs tho as my Mrs and brother in law both think the fan is knackered). What it teaches me is to never shop at game again!

I have to say the MS support has stepped up a gear since the 360 days

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm returning my xbox one s to Microsoft (they offer advanced exchange whilst holding £340 of your cash). As the fan seems louder than it should be. Here's hoping I'm not being a pedant and the replacement is better!

Tried to return it at game and they refused saying it makes no noise (I'm calling it bs tho as my Mrs and brother in law both think the fan is knackered). What it teaches me is to never shop at game again!

I have to say the MS support has stepped up a gear since the 360 days

Yep.

Only brick and mortar store that will get my money for something new is someone like John Lewis or Argos.

Supermarkets get bad press but their customer service is usually good as well.

Soldato
The fan on my S is starting to ittitate me, it's not super loud but it's annoying in quite scenes watching TV.

Got it from Amazon, would I be best going back to Amazon or Microsoft for an exchange.

It's a shame because without the buzzy clicking sound it would be very silent.

Soldato
Your contract is with Amazon so back to them. They probably won't even ask any questions and refund your money immediately.

I want an exchange really but currently it seems like pot luck if i would get a quite one?

Is it 1 year I would have to be able to take my case back to Amazon for a refund or exchange, I'm thinking of holding on to the console for another week, hopefully then the bad batch (if it is a bad batch) has cleared.

Caporegime
I want an exchange really but currently it seems like pot luck if i would get a quite one?

Is it 1 year I would have to be able to take my case back to Amazon for a refund or exchange, I'm thinking of holding on to the console for another week, hopefully then the bad batch (if it is a bad batch) has cleared.

I think it's only 30 days. It's not a manufacturing fault, the console is working fine. I don't think loud fans count. ;)

Soldato
Well Ive initiated return and Amazon will send me new one tomorrow.

I just hope its better, but I dont hold much hope. Got tot try though!

luckily I have my games on external.

What do I need to do with my old console, is a reset all that is needed?

Soldato
Hi

Whats the bluray player and general performance like of the older xbox one?

Ive sent my 2nd xbox one S back now due to a loud buzzing fan!

Never had such a problem with consoles before.

Im tempted to get the older version now as its cheap and apparently super silent?

Can someone confirm how quite it is, does the fan kick in at all during movies.

Thanks

Soldato
Hi

Whats the bluray player and general performance like of the older xbox one?

Ive sent my 2nd xbox one S back now due to a loud buzzing fan!

Never had such a problem with consoles before.

Im tempted to get the older version now as its cheap and apparently super silent?

Can someone confirm how quite it is, does the fan kick in at all during movies.

Thanks
Both my previous xbox one (normal editions) have been significantly quieter and not noticeable (bar the blu ray/Dvd initially being read)

Im hoping my second console isn't so loud!

Back
Top Bottom