*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Anybody else find the drive a little noisy on the S when watching a bluray? I bought the S for 4K blurays mainly. The drive noise is starting to grind on me a little when trying to watch a film at night. (when we can't have the surround on)

I noticed this when installing a game from a disc yesterday, thought that might just be on installs though.

Soldato
My One S has just decided it can no longer read my 2TB external drive. According to MS the only option I have is to initialize the drive on a PC and then use again on Xbox which will delete all contents....

Load of ruddy crap. The drive works perfect on the PC....

:mad:

Soldato
My One S has just decided it can no longer read my 2TB external drive. According to MS the only option I have is to initialize the drive on a PC and then use again on Xbox which will delete all contents....

Load of ruddy crap. The drive works perfect on the PC....

:mad:

Restore the Xbox to factory default and try again
Assuming you have all the game son the external disk its really minimal bother and fixes the weirdest *** on my launch Xone

Caporegime
Does anyone here use the Eurosport Player on Xbone? I have done so a couple of years back and it was a bit flakey so was wondering if it's been improved.

EDIT: I did some investigating and it apparently doesn't work at all now. The app hasn't been updated (still uses the old Eurosport logo) and streaming is broken. I tried watching through the Edge browser on Xbone but it wants Flash.

Last edited:

LzR

LzR

Associate
So I'm 99% sure I'm going to grab an Xbox One, Gears 4 and FH3 have tipped me over the edge I think. So quick questions to those that have played, are one or both of those games a good enough reason to buy one? I'm a little concerned on the reports of fan noise on the S though, is it that intrusive?

Soldato
So I'm 99% sure I'm going to grab an Xbox One, Gears 4 and FH3 have tipped me over the edge I think. So quick questions to those that have played, are one or both of those games a good enough reason to buy one? I'm a little concerned on the reports of fan noise on the S though, is it that intrusive?

Not played Gears but horizon is a very good game, I guess you could say its a "console seller".
It's not a game Im eager to play every day though despite it being really good.

If you get a loud fan it can be very distracting if you like to watch movies and that on your consoles. It also depends how sensitive you are to noise.

Ive had two with fan noise and gave up and just bought an original one, seen as I will most likely get the scorpio or neo later down the line.

If I was you I would wait a little longer to see if the fan issues are resolved completely.

Soldato
Anybody else find the drive a little noisy on the S when watching a bluray? I bought the S for 4K blurays mainly. The drive noise is starting to grind on me a little when trying to watch a film at night. (when we can't have the surround on)

Yup the drive really is loud and noticeable when watching films.

It will do for me until 4k players are a better price and a better range.

Associate

I have watched a few uhd films on my S and never found the fan loud at all .. much quieter that my old xbone

On my PS4 watching a normal Blu Ray on that is sounds like a jet engine and the consoles going to take off !

Soldato
Do all XBOne S's have ssd's or just the elite?

Just wondering if its worth paying the extra £50 for ssd or not hmmm (if necessary)

Only interested in the S for the 4k br drive (and Forza) , hopefully wont be bothered by the fan noise

LzR

LzR

Associate
Not played Gears but horizon is a very good game, I guess you could say its a "console seller".
It's not a game Im eager to play every day though despite it being really good.

If you get a loud fan it can be very distracting if you like to watch movies and that on your consoles. It also depends how sensitive you are to noise.

Ive had two with fan noise and gave up and just bought an original one, seen as I will most likely get the scorpio or neo later down the line.

If I was you I would wait a little longer to see if the fan issues are resolved completely.
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking along the same lines of waiting a little longer the new grey colour for example, may have had the fans updated as they are newer, I think that colour is a Game exclusive though, I could be wrong.

LzR

LzR

Associate
I have watched a few uhd films on my S and never found the fan loud at all .. much quieter that my old xbone

On my PS4 watching a normal Blu Ray on that is sounds like a jet engine and the consoles going to take off !
Agree on the PS4 noise, It's in a fairly small room and can be quite distracting. As for the Xbox One S, I'm referring to the much reported ticking/clicking noise that seems to be common on the S, is yours silent then?

Associate
Does anyone know if all of the loud fans are all from the same manufacturing facility or if they are all part of the same 'batch'?

Have Microsoft said anything about this at all? I'm thinking of picking up the 1TB Gears Of War 4 bundle when it releases on the 11th and wonder what my chances of getting a loud 'un are....

Soldato
The elite has an SSD?

:confused:

certainly from adverts Ive seen the UK 1TB elite has an SSD as default

ouchhhhhh - Ive now seen ....."expanded" details and its a SSD hybrid drive.....which if you were being naughty (from a vendor point of view) I guess could be advertised as an SSD

(even though clearly they are not anything like the same thing)

Associate
Not sure if this has been mentioned else where, but for those that are in the preview program; their is an OcUK club, so send a request! No idea who owns it, only 4 members in it. Could be a handy thing once it gets fully rolled out for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom