A8R32-MVP what is it

Associate
Found this motherboard on another site showing as in stock. Also showing A8R-MVP as in stock so not a standard RD480 board I am guessing. Didn't think the RD580 was out yet so not sure.

Anybody any idea's what it migh be?

Soldato
The A8R32-MVP should have new RD580 chipset (Xpress 3200 Crossfire).
With USB 2,0/Gb LAN/SATA II RAID • 2x PCIe x16, 1x PCIe x1, 3x PCI on the board.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I think I have found it at the same retailer and as I have to go up near there in the morning I will pop in and see if they have stock and if they do I may throw some money down and grab one lol.

Not back in London till wednesday but will connect through the mobile and pda and post tomorrow night hopefully ;)

Steve

OcUK Staff
Hi there

I'd imagine its just the RD480 A8R-MVP and they have mis-labelled it.

As ATI have not even sent out press samples of their own boards yet, so I very much doubt Asus would have managed to have even start production themselves yet. Were looking around mid March for RD580 boards.....

S_D

S_D

Associate
Don't forget guys that RD580 is still just the northbridge, so you'll likely have the same choice of SB450 ATI southbridge or ULI 1573 and 1575. If you're waiting for the better ATI southbridge then SB600 should be along a couple of months later... :)

Simon.

Associate
Got my dates mixed up will be there in the morning.Hopefully have an update for you all then.
I checked the Asus site as well and saw no mention on there.
Will save me some money if its a mistake lol.
Steve

Associate
saw a picture on a Japanese website along with an Ati one "defo RD580 ", just googled it , couldnt understand a word of it though , ordered one anyway will let you know tomorrow , might end up selling my 1800's and getting those 7800's if its all a hoax , lol

Last edited:
Associate
I need to know more to. I am trying to cost up a new pc so any cost details, specs would be great. I have no idea where you got it from as I cannot find any uk site selling them but I hope others retailers including OCUK will have them soon.

Last edited:
Associate
What extra does the RD580 bring to the table? It had better improve on the A8R-MVP, for which I've seen very mixed feedback on.

Associate
Hi , sorry for the suspense i cant say how much ect as i like coming to the forum :) i havnt built it yet , cant until Thursday but will post back Thursday night with some benchies.If all goes well , it will be with 2 times 1800 Xt's

picture0359vk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom