A8R32-MVP what is it

Associate
Hi , It Worked first time , few hitches setting up raid array but that was me not the mobo .
so far stable with no usb issues , still got a few more devices to install
crossfire worked first time aswell with first 3d mark 03 at 27900 and somthing all at stock
didnt install uli mobo drivers as i heard they might give issues ,
no bios releases yet i just checked :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
andyr said:
Hi , It Worked first time , few hitches setting up raid array but that was me not the mobo .
so far stable with no usb issues , still got a few more devices to install
crossfire worked first time aswell with first 3d mark 03 at 27900 and somthing all at stock
didnt install uli mobo drivers as i heard they might give issues ,
no bios releases yet i just checked :)

Nice one, fancy them selling that board already eh. :D

Yer already added to my MSN. ;)

Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
Nice one, fancy them selling that board already eh. :D

Yer already added to my MSN. ;)

Yeah really strange all of that selling then not selling , i recon they got a slap on the knuckles for that , i was watching the order process and when it come up despatched i couldnt believe it , lol
and then when i open the parcel and it was the real thing , well it made my week , all i can say is it was a good job i booked this week off with the kids :)

Associate
thanks for that link , i can have a better go at setting the bios now, i agree with the fact that the bios isnt dfi standard though. up to now i havnt any bad issues other than me knowing what to tweak

Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
I can't find any review there, i just get a blank search page, then when i put the article number in, it comes up with the Asus, but when i click on it to read the review, it just goes back to the blank search page. :confused:
The review was posted prematurely and has since been pulled. In the AT forums Wesley Fink had this to say:
AnandTech Forums said:
Release date for the A8R32-MVP is March 2nd. It will be available for sale on launch day. Many retailers have already received stock but don't list it yet...
Saying that though, the Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe is now for sale at another UK E-tailor for £146.86 inc VAT, so they may be jumping the gun as well.

Cheers,

BrynS

Associate
Hi,

This is a very mixed bag of moboards at the moment, things just seem to be thrown out without a care for function. I have the a8r mvp and amd X2 4800+, and it can't hold a stable voltage, which means no overclocking. The voltage rides out from 1.39v all the way to 1.48v and that's at idle. Asus where very sly in the release of this board as they claimed it to be good for overclocking.

I won't be getting an asus board until I read all over the net before.

It seems there are no good boards we can rely on at the moment let's hope the new batch of rd580 boards from the various companies prove better.

Thanks
Raja

Associate
Hi Andyr,

You seem to be a very lucky dude. That seems to be the only board in the whole world at the moment.

That is the newest RD580 Chipset from ATI and I think there are plenty of us that would like to see some benchmarks from it.
Do you have Sandra installed? Could post a screenie from the Motherboard and Bios tab to confirm that its the RD580?

How about a nice 3D Mark bench with Crossfire enabled? (if you are running it)

Myself and the rest of the world would be very interested.

Thank You.

Associate
Hi , i will post some benchies later , but here is the bios screen shot to confirm the northbridge

picture0626oa.jpg

It is very lonely have the only a8r32 in the village , i have no one to pull me out of the **** if i need to, :)

added this one as it shows that there are a few more options available

dscf01353mt.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
hi andy,

what's the max voltage core?

also if you download cpu-z have a look at how stable the vcore voltage is.

This is what most of us who have the a8r mvp are interested in if the vcore can go over 1.52 and is steady then this may well be a worthwhile board. Also check vcore stability with the usb set to fastest.

Please post your results, as I will only buy this board if Asus have resolved the issues they had with a8r-mvp.

other things to check once you have the time is how high you can go running memory at 1T, on the a8r 220ht was the max.

Thanks
Raja

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom