its in its in!!! my first little water cooling system :D

Permabanned
okeydokey, 3 days ago i bought this from MM for £30 plus £8 postage and packing

http://www.thermaltake.com/watercooling/cl-w0005-01BigWaterSE/cl-w0005-01.htm

after 3 hours of fitting it its finally in,
stupid things i did:

1, forgot to put 2 nutts onto the pipe before i had ptfe taped it.
2, forgot about the pump utterly, only noticed when i had already fitted all the pipes.
3, forgot to check the air flow of the fan, had to remove it and switch it around.
4, forgot to plug in the VGA power cable

5, no leak testing what so ever.

photo114fg.jpg

photo126ci.jpg

photo132qr.jpg

photo146zm.jpg

Temps before:
GPU 58oC
system Temperature 40oC
CPU internal temperature 46oC
CPU external (surface) temperature 41oC

Temps now:
GPU 55oC
system Temperature 34.5oC
CPU internal temperature 36.5oC
CPU external (surface) temperature 32oC

CPU = Opteron 146, 2Ghz clocked to 2.7Ghz

ALL THATS INSIDE AN ANTEC SUPER LANBOY :eek:

my verdict on this water cooling kit: not bad at all, can be bought new for £55, instructions arnt the best in the world but i can tell they have tried to make it as straight forward as possible,

7 out of ten for ease of install
8 out of ten for performance
8.5 out of ten for looks

can anyone tell me, does it really matter which way the pump faces? the book shows it on its back with the pipes going up, ive got it upright with the pipes going out...

also i keep seeing the occasional air bubble fly by, as amusing as they are, is it anything i should worry about?

Last edited:
Associate
marcus_667 said:
i want one of them for my pent d and im getting a lanboy cos my pc got dropped the other day knacked the gfx mobo psu and case so might aswell get a water kit slammed in it :D

I bet you dropped it on purpose "Doh, there goes me old PC. Time to build a new one!" :D

Watercooling looks pretty good :)

Associate
wasnt me who dropped it lol my mother did it moving it out the dining room for the builders cos i was asleep from working nights currently working 50 hours a week waiting for conroe :D

Associate
marcus_667 said:
wasnt me who dropped it lol my mother did it moving it out the dining room for the builders cos i was asleep from working nights currently working 50 hours a week waiting for conroe :D

lol, it won't be that expensive, unless you're considering the mighty Extreme Edition? :D

Soldato
I've got one of those kits leak testing in the loft atm except I've swapped the rad for a 120.2 and I've got the gfx card waterblock as well. One of these days I'll actually fit it.

Can;t wait - except I'm on hols next week :s

Associate
@locutus12:

In the instructions what does this say for fitting to a LGA775 system ?

Does it require a H-bracket fitting to the bottom of the mobo with a Cushion and mylar ??

** thinking may replace his Big Typhoon with this setup :D **

** prevented from removing H bracket currently on mobo as no way to remove bottom bracket without breaking the mobo :( **

Associate
No worries, I've just checked the Thermal take website and the back plate is the same as the Big Typhoon.

** Starts to really think about water cooling his PenD 805 **

Associate
Fraid so at the moment. Any higher and the voltage its taking to get it stable is making temps high enough to start throttling.

Admittedly, I was trying to get stable at 3.8, a largish jump up from 3.6, but I'm happy with air cooled 3.6 and being rock solid. I can play hours of FEAR or DDO and not a single problem.

Also, FEAR detects max settings for my CPU at 3.6, so I'm happy.

I'm currently looking to expand my setup now with water cooling and an X1800 GTO! :D

Permabanned
OP
well i got up today and checked and its official... NO LEAKS. :D

i highly recommend this kit to anyone looking to do water cooling on a budget for the first time :) just remember 2 things...

Measure Twice, Cut once...

PTFE tape every connection.

Back
Top Bottom